YouTube getting 5.1 support?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in as a new subscriber, very impressed with what I've sampled.
Quite an eclectic offering, but the stuff from my high school days is especially appreciated.

Never heard Walk Away sound so good with the guitars blasting from the rears. :rocks

Ride Captain Ride is a stunning upmix.
Happy to hear it in 5.1, after it was withdrawn in disgrace from Apple, outed as an arguably amateurish Atmos robo-upmix.

Agree! Ride Captain Ride is a stunning up mix. I subscribed as well. I've been enjoying the YouTube 5.1 music channel for a month now and finally tonight I checked out to see if there was a thread on it at QQ because I am quite curious about it and the mysterious uploader. Speaking of mysterious, I really dig hearing Weather Report's Mysterious Traveller. I missed out on getting the SACD.

I'm having issues with the program. Still on version 2022.2.5 Tried to DL walk away - no go only html popped up.
I will add that "DO NOT UPDATE" the program (use only version 2022.2.5)or it will not work. Also, select the m4a download option as it will save you tons of space over the 5.1 flacs & will be the same quality as YouTube is providing.

I'm having issues with the program. Still on version 2022.2.5 Tried to DL walk away - no go only html popped up.
Command line works, but they might have changed something because it needed the latest exe version. The previous version stopped working.

The 5,1 Surround Music Channel, on YouTube, has uploaded Classic 60's, 70's, & 80's Surround CD's
Only problem is Dynamic Range
Have to turn my Sonos Arc up to 70 or 80 to thoroughly enjoy
Even so, the sound is just meh
Better than nothing, but I'm trying to figure out, where they get 5,1, versions of Zeppelin, the Who, & the KBFH
Enjoy!

I took the day off from mixing & instead I uploaded a handful of my 5.1 multi-track surround mixes to YouTube, ...I might add a couple more soon & I have hundreds more that I could upload but I need to finish a big 70s classic rock compilation I've been working on first.

I hope you enjoy them!

I finally was able to get 5.1 from YouTube working, …on my PC I couldn’t use a web browser but instead had to use a media player and stream the links/playlists.

My YouTube app on my nVidia Shield plays the 5.1 videos with no issues.
Here’s one you all might like:

My 5.1 mix of Dion - Runaround Sue amazes me -- my regular YouTube stereo channel has only 150 views in a year & my new 5.1 YouTube surround channel now has over 35,000 views in a little over a month! Gaining over 2000 views overnight even. I now have 27 comments also -- almost 1 a day. People must be listening in surround sound or downloading it as if you play the song in regular stereo, the volume is actually about -20 db low also due to YouTube processing -- so much for loudness drawing listeners -- Yay to that!

I have over 1000 songs now in 5.1 but slow to get them on my YT channel as it takes time away from my mixing but hope to get many more up soon.

Rog

I took the day off from mixing & instead I uploaded a handful of my 5.1 multi-track surround mixes to YouTube, ...I might add a couple more soon & I have hundreds more that I could upload but I need to finish a big 70s classic rock compilation I've been working on first.

I hope you enjoy them!

Nice surround mix on "Who Are You". I like the moving levels at the bottom also.

What program are you using for your videos. I would like to change regular YouTube mp4 music videos to MKV videos with my surround mixes but not found a program to do that. Anyone have any ideas for that?

Thanks, Rog

I don't think youtube supports mkv. Why does that matter though, mkv is simply a container?
That is how I am uploading my files with mkv so I know YouTube supports them. YouTube only supports video type files like mp4, fly, mkv & a few others. MKV supports all types of surround files with great video also so I prefer using it. I have never been able to get mp4 to support surround files with the many programs I have tried yet.

I do know that YouTube will not support Atmos MKV files yet as I tried some test files & they are converted to 5.1 files.

Rog

That is how I am uploading my files with mkv so I know YouTube supports them. YouTube only supports video type files like mp4, fly, mkv & a few others. MKV supports all types of surround files with great video also so I prefer using it. I have never been able to get mp4 to support surround files with the many programs I have tried yet.

I do know that YouTube will not support Atmos MKV files yet as I tried some test files & they are converted to 5.1 files.

Rog
It changes the mkv's to other file formats and doesn't output mkv is what I meant. It doesn't support the mkv container from input to output, but again, it doesn't matter because it is simply a container.

My 5.1 mix of Dion - Runaround Sue amazes me -- my regular YouTube stereo channel has only 150 views in a year & my new 5.1 YouTube surround channel now has over 35,000 views in a little over a month! Gaining over 2000 views overnight even. I now have 27 comments also -- almost 1 a day. People must be listening in surround sound or downloading it as if you play the song in regular stereo, the volume is actually about -20 db low also due to YouTube processing -- so much for loudness drawing listeners -- Yay to that!

I have over 1000 songs now in 5.1 but slow to get them on my YT channel as it takes time away from my mixing but hope to get many more up soon.

Rog

congratulations on the views, a triumph! keep it up! 🤗

Nice surround mix on "Who Are You". I like the moving levels at the bottom also.

What program are you using for your videos. I would like to change regular YouTube mp4 music videos to MKV videos with my surround mixes but not found a program to do that. Anyone have any ideas for that?

Thanks, Rog
I've been happy with this one: XMedia Recode - Video Converter

I used it to add the 5.1 mix to the "HD" Bjork videos downloaded from YouTube without doing any conversions.

Thanks, Rog
Thanks Rog!
I really like the way those level-meters move around on some of the songs, …that Beethoven one is pretty busy in particular.

I’m using a bare-bones screen recorder called “Flashback Express” to record my volume meters/cover-art, …it’s kind of a pain to sync up to the audio because the free version doesn’t let me import the PC audio so I actually have to add my 5.1 flac afterwards to the mp4 file, & mux them together into an mkv using MKVToolNix, …then I upload that to YouTube.

Back