Zappa

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The final concert that Frank ever performed in the United States (Nassau Coliseum, 3/25/88) is being released in June on CD & vinyl.

Frank Zappa's Final American Show To Be Released For the First Time

Oh....and the best price I've found for this is Bull Moose who have the 2 CD edition for $15.97.

Zappa-88-2CD.png

That's gotta be good news , I think .

Hoping he doesn't put all his creations , Frank's included, in Atmos streaming .

I'm hopping, 🐇 , for silver discs in 5.1 , .....yep just happily hopping , 🦘.

🦗🐸😊

:QQlove:51QQ:51QQ:QQlove

Look at all the knobs, and 5 subs 🤯 - I believe he's ready to Rock 'n Roll ...yes please!

per Dweezil:

“In terms of remixing existing material for immersive audio, artists can provide an entirely new format to fans,” Zappa said. “There are lifetimes worth of work out there, so many songs to be remixed in this new format! Whoever can get good at the process will have work piled up for years to come. From a technical standpoint, the big difference in mixing immersive is that you don’t have to make all the compromises that stereo mixing requires. In stereo, there’s so much carving and compression that has to happen to make things fit. Sometimes that’s cool, but sometimes it’s not. In Atmos, the extra speakers take the burden away from the front speakers.”

Oh, great. So now Zappa's collected discography eventually gets immolated for the Insurance money like Woody Herman's and innumerable other Artist's work. Super.

Well, that's a Hell of a reply to a comment that doesn't need any evidence besides their wanton display of irresponsibility (and lack of remorse) with respect to the UMG backlot fire. Categorical denial of the obvious is the new black. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Besides, I think your comment has the skepticism polarity inverted. Evidence of Arson wouldn't be what they'd need to cash out the Insurance. They'd need the ABSENCE of it. Which is exactly what they've presented in the way of information. It's the sort of thing Zappa himself would've embraced, btw. (At least I don't think the CIA invented AIDS, but I have no evidence pro or con for that either...so I appreciate Zappa's opinion while acknowledging that THAT was all it was.) But thanks for playing! : - ) The Day the Music Burned (Published 2019)

Last edited:
Joe's Garage mixed by SW? 🙏
Steve Wilson might be about the only mixer that would follow Frank's lead from the original and get a surround mix right! Listening to the recent-ish released live sets is kind of like listening to great quality bootleg board tapes. Very apparently missing Frank's hand on the mixing board! Frank's attention to detail in arrangement is cold blooded and no one else hits that.

I think the 24/96 HD master of the original stereo mix of Joe's Garage sounds absolutely great. This album set is a standout for fidelity too.

Back