Zidoo 1000 Pro Now Plays Multichannel DSDs, ISOs and FLACs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berninahusq

I was VERY disappointed when I got my Zidoo 1000 Pro in April 2022 that the ONLY multichannel audio file format that it would play was lossy DTS 5.1. I got it to upgrade from my Dune HD Ultra 4K and Dude HD Solo 4K which do play multichannel DSDs, ISOs and FLACs, albeit only in decoded PCM multichannel in shuffle mode through mu3 playlists even though I have HDMI Audio output set to RAW.

I have an exact number of 9,648 DSD/DSF files, of which probably 85% or more are multichannel. For the last few days, and as recently as last night, I was SERIOUSLY considering replacing the Zidoo 1000 Pro with a Dune HD Max Vision 4K because I could not play multichannel DSD files from the Zidoo. The Zidoo was also very buggy when playing Blu-Ray ISO (using BD menus), DVD ISO as well as mp4 files. My Dune units never had these issues playing video files for as old as they are.

HOWEVER, when I turned on the Zidoo this morning, it said there was a 6.4.42 update. As it was downloading I crossed my fingers and toes hoping that the update would allow the Zidoo 1000 Pro to play multichannel DSD/DSF, ISO and FLAC files. Low and behold after it rebooted and I browsed my DSD files to select a multichannel DSD/DSF file, it now plays multichannel and shows how many channels.

Unfortunately the Zidoo does not output DSD (only decoded PCM) to my Denon AVR-X8500H like my Oppo UDP-205 does, even though the Zidoo HDMI Audio is set to RAW. However, the Zidoo does allow me to add my root level DSD/DSF folders (Classical, Christmas and Other) as favorites, and I can choose to shuffle all the DSD/DSF tracks under that root folder. YEAH this is what I wanted! Anyway this update is a step in the right direction. I may hold off on buying a Dune HD Max Vision 4K for now. Still have to see if this Zidoo update fixed the many BD menu, DVD navigation and MP4 issues.

Cheers,
Kanga

Last edited:
Hi Deepsky4565. I’ve had a couple days viewing 4K and 2K Blu-Ray ISOs, DVD ISOs and mp4s with the new 6.4.42 update. Video selection and navigation once you are watching the video has not improved (maybe got worse). Playing (or rather should I say trying to play) videos is still very buggy. After selecting a video, the video will either play, jump back to the main menu or just freeze requiring a reboot. If you can get the Blu-Ray navigation (BD menu) to work you are lucky, and then yet skipping to the next or previous chapter doesn’t always work. When you fast forward or backwards through an mp4, the audio gets terribly out of sync. It takes some work to play a video. Not worth the trouble on Zidoo. You have to switch back and forth between three separate screens on its Zidoo iOS app to select and navigate a video (very annoying). The Dune HD iOS app interface is far superior AND WORKS all the time. I ordered the Zidoo because it had good reviews but you cannot believe everything you hear on the internet. I‘ll replace it with a Dune HD Max Vision 4K.

Cheers,
Kanga

Last edited:
Back