What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is my first QS LP. It's Badder than old King Kong.

Croce.jpg

Would Prefer Birds of Fire, but I know this is a great live album so should be enjoyable in Quad.

MO.jpg

My copies of at best "SIMULATED SQ" .The b & w square lp states radio and review copy, the red square does not.Picked up the red square one only as a curiosity. Even if they utilized the SQ SYNTH. of an encoder they did a poor job.

20150605_190141.jpg

And my favourite QUAD REVIEW CRITICS ( you just gotta trust their opinion).20150424_112531.jpg

And I forgot to add this photo with the CTI STEREO DISCS:
20150605_190820.jpg

My copies of at best "SIMULATED SQ" .The b & w square lp states radio and review copy, the red square does not.Picked up the red square one only as a curiosity. Even if they utilized the SQ SYNTH. of an encoder they did a poor job.

And my favourite QUAD REVIEW CRITICS ( you just gotta trust their opinion).View attachment 19267

Very cool...love me some black cat:spot...my favorite pets...black cats and English pugs..glad you included them in your post...

The one on the far right is my favourite "Quad music critic", Morley ,but I give him a number of nicknames.Currently "IMMY" short for him, but like the pussy cat.........they are just giant pussy cats!

Not to worry Quad Linda, my critics agree with you.

Regardless of gender, breed or even species, 4 legged quad critics are the best. This one is not meaner than Stein's junkyard dog.

Quad critic.jpg

And one more acquisition for today.

Beck orange.jpg

I have one of those. Female. Bring a towel when you enter the house as she will lick you to death. Mess with my wife and you'll have a pitbull neckless. Other then that she's a big baby.

I have one of those. Female. Bring a towel when you enter the house as she will lick you to death. Mess with my wife and you'll have a pitbull neckless. Other then that she's a big baby.

This guy is actually a mix of boxer and a sneaky intruder. Probably a Pit, but has a bit of ridgeback look as well.

Completely unrelated, the LP holder I have holds about 600 LPs (I have 2) and is either at Costco (or at Amazon for under $90 delivered if you search "Better Homes and Gardens 8-Cube Organizer"). Just FYI.

I've got the Gershwin one! I haven't decoded it yet... may give it a go tonight!

Hi. ALL
Another batch of Quad LP`S came today..
( CBS. SQ Jim Nobors Marilyn Horne in Man Of La Mancha - CBS SQ Barenboim Conducts Elgar Sym No.2 ) ( CBS. SQ An evening with Andy Williams 2LP set - EMI. SQ Karajan Conducts Music Of Johann Strauss ) (Supraphon. SQ Martinu Concertino For Piano Trio & Strings Orchestra )...Bill.

QQ1.jpg
QQ2.jpg
QQ3.jpg

There is likely no surround title I have which would be rare to many members here. In spite of that, check out post #24 in this thread. Also, here are a few of the matrix titles that would be rare, at least to US Quaddies:

irrlicht-1.jpeg
Irrlicht - Klaus Schulze

hqdefault.jpg
Seastones - Ned Lagin w/Phil Lesh, Jerry Garcia, David Crosby & David Grisman

STAN KENTON - (generic "Creative World" covers with individual stickers. Yes, they ARE legitimate) BEWARE: these are the only Stan Kenton Quads. There are other titles in this series, but they are not Quad. Their stickers will indicate either stereo or Duophonic (electronically rechanneled stereo.)
Live at Brigham Young University. Creative World [2 LP] ST-1039
(SQ)
Live at Butler University. Creative World [2 LP] ST-1058 (SQ)
National Anthems of the World. Creative World [2 LP] ST-1060
(SQ)
With the Four Freshmen Live at Butler University. Creative
World [2 LP] ST-1059 (SQ)

I have UK SQ's of:
Imagine - John Lennon
Machine Head - Deep Purple
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
all of these were pretty common in US import bins back in the day.

Say Quad Linda?

Do you have anymore rarities like the Sergio Mendez Japanese SQ? If so can you post a pic?

You mentioned on a prior post that all the EMI 'S were readily available in the Chicago/Milwaukee stores and as above you listed them, but also the ELO NO ANSWER SQ disc.

Did you ever, or do you have the lp?

I twice had this disc (British Import)......but regardless of the quad markings on the gatefold jacket, both pressings were stereo?!

I believe only the Brazilian quad was legitimate, and of course it was available as a UK Q8.

I guess when I ask about rarity, I'm considering imports such as that, or limited editions, or very early discs, tapes (69,70,71).

And here's one rare if you did not have access to Canadian Stores: Mandingo SQ (Capitol Records Canada), also available in UK.

20150613_175602.jpg20150613_175540.jpg

I don't have either of those. Very nice. How are they?

ELO was also in import bins. Mandingo was around, but only on Q8.

You mentioned on a prior post that all the EMI 'S were readily available in the Chicago/Milwaukee stores and as above you listed them, but also the ELO NO ANSWER SQ disc.

Did you ever, or do you have the lp?

I twice had this disc (British Import)......but regardless of the quad markings on the gatefold jacket, both pressings were stereo?!

I believe only the Brazilian quad was legitimate, and of course it was available as a UK Q8.

I guess when I ask about rarity, I'm considering imports such as that, or limited editions, or very early discs, tapes (69,70,71).

And here's one rare if you did not have access to Canadian Stores: Mandingo SQ (Capitol Records Canada), also available in UK.

Back