Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent! Added to my wishlist! The one time I asked in person about this at a Bullmoose they didn't have any info on it. I was about to email them instead when I read that the release date was pushed back, so I held off figuring that they still might not have any info as a result.

I decided to cancel my Amazon UK order of $92 shipped and went with Bull Moose for $98 shipped (with expedited shipping)
For 6 more dollars, I will be assured that I will get it in good time...and most importantly, that it won't be damaged in transit.

:)

ImportCD has a 10% storewide sale, so I have now ordered this with them. My cost, shipped with expedited and tax is $86.70. That beats my current order with Moose for $98.96. Again, sorry Moose...

Nice deal!

Thanks for pointing this out. Just canceled my Amazon order, and went with ImportCD for $86.60 expedited.

Thanks!
Steve

ImportCD has a 10% storewide sale, so I have now ordered this with them. My cost, shipped with expedited and tax is $86.70. That beats my current order with Moose for $98.96. Again, sorry Moose...

THANK YOU G!!!!!
order placed!!!

Amazon.co.uk has it for £79.99 at this very moment.(y)

Already have the HDAD, so I'll wait for the Bluray Audio version, not interested in vinyl or demos.

Still waiting for the standalone, that's all I need.

Also, hoping that 'Pyramid' also gets the surround treatment one day. An all-time AP favourite, and just thinking about how "In the Lap Of The Gods" would be in surround makes my knees wobble. :mad:@:

Also, hoping that 'Pyramid' also gets the surround treatment one day. An all-time AP favourite, and just thinking about how "In the Lap Of The Gods" would be in surround makes my knees wobble. :mad:@:

Well since "Pyramid" is celebrating its 40th anniversary next year, I think that album is the most likely APP album to get a 5.1 remix and box set release next year.

Still waiting for the standalone, that's all I need.

according to the alan parson facebook page a stand alone disc is coming in 2018

https://www.facebook.com/TheAlanParsonsProject/

Alan Parsons discusses the challenges of putting together a 5.1 surround mix of ‘Eye In The Sky.’ It is is included in the 35th Anniversary Box Set (pre-order here: smarturl.it/eits35) and will be released as a stand-alone early 2018.

Alan Parsons discusses the challenges of putting together a 5.1 surround mix of ‘Eye In The Sky.’ It is is included in the 35th Anniversary Box Set (pre-order here: smarturl.it/eits35) and will be released as a stand-alone early 2018.
Just Give Me The 5.1 and be done with it!:51banana:

Absolutely stunning news. Not to sound unappreciative, but I find myself playing the RBCDs/outtakes from these pricey boxsets less and less and some NEVER!

Thank you AP and SONY.

Thanks for the info.

Stand alone disc for me!!! :)

Regards,

Well since "Pyramid" is celebrating its 40th anniversary next year, I think that album is the most likely APP album to get a 5.1 remix and box set release next year.

When (if) this is announced it will make my whole year! But we've already passed the 40th anniversary of I Robot, with no multichannel release in sight, so I'm not sure we should get our hopes up for Pyramid next year.

When (if) this is announced it will make my whole year! But we've already passed the 40th anniversary of I Robot, with no multichannel release in sight, so I'm not sure we should get our hopes up for Pyramid next year.

With the size of these releases and the amount of work involved, it looks like they can only release one anniversary box set per year.
They did release a 35th anniversary edition of "I Robot" about 5 years ago, but they did not do the same for "Pyramid" so next year would be the good time to mark an anniversary with a reissue, unless of course they cannot find all of the multitrack tapes for "Pyramid".
In that case, they should release an "I Robot" box instead if all of the "Pyramid" tapes cannot be found.

With the size of these releases and the amount of work involved, it looks like they can only release one anniversary box set per year.
They did release a 35th anniversary edition of "I Robot" about 5 years ago, but they did not do the same for "Pyramid" so next year would be the good time to mark an anniversary with a reissue, unless of course they cannot find all of the multitrack tapes for "Pyramid".
In that case, they should release an "I Robot" box instead if all of the "Pyramid" tapes cannot be found.

That's contingent on whether the multitracks are in useable condition and/or can be found at all. From that brief AP interview, the masters for Eye were scattered about and once found had to be baked as the formulation had become 'sticky....' and you can only bake those tapes ONE time before they are unusable.

I think you have given a great reason that goes unnoticed by most of us....the work and time required on these box sets...so many moving parts go into these releases..

Back