The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fundraiser (for a high school music club) tonight at one of my favorite local breweries. Out of 15 or so beers, they've kept the IPA count down under 1/2.
They used to have only a few IPAs, so the ratio got worse while I was away, which is a bit worrisome, but they claim they'll try to keep a good variety.
So, they still have a decent variety. Reds, ambers, stouts, porters, etc. Got my growler ready for a fill!

If you're passing through Livermore, check out Shadow Puppet!
http://www.shadowpuppetbrewing.com/

They have been pushing this American Pale Ale on Planet Rock!

Nope. These days, IPAs are like streaming in lossy stereo.

Totally disagree - bad analogy imho.

Yeah, I get that since the IPA's are popular there is a bit of a backlash that happens. But comparing to lossy streaming when the brews are getting bigger and bolder is way off my base anyway. It's the opposite....the bold IPA's are like the most aggressive Flaming Lips 5.1 mixes - not to everyone's taste but they're there.

Well tonight I had a very nice Boulevard Rye on Rye from their Smokestack series.... 2016 and no longer made. Barrel aged, VERY good. Well balanced and unique.

Sharing with Mrs D and her mom....a crowler of Bomb's Away Beer Company "S.A.F. raspberry sour" (6.3% abv, 15 ibu). Very good balance of the fruit and the tart...nice pucker.
Bombs-Away-SAFRasp-Sour.jpg

Dang my man...you must like those sour beers. I've never had one....and there is nothing in my heart that prompts me to want one. I don't like sour....I don't like fruit......etc. I like hearty, grainy flavored beer. :) Just saying........

But, you are lucky you like those...as they seem to be the rage these days.

Dang my man...you must like those sour beers. I've never had one....and there is nothing in my heart that prompts me to want one. I don't like sour....I don't like fruit......etc. I like hearty, grainy flavored beer. :) Just saying........

32oz is nice...he's quite the brew meister...the best thing is that his wife is supportive...that helps a lot...

Mrs D loves them and so does her mom. It took me a couple tries before I "got it." I went through the same thing with porters and stouts, just never clicked with me until the last couple years - it was one of Mrs D's home-brew porters that changed my mind!

10 Barrel makes a very good one called Cucumber Crush.
Eh... It's alright, but it's artificially flavored. Won't be buying/ordering it again. I'm not sure if their Raspberry Crush is also artificially flavored. (And it's worth noting that 10 Barrel is owned by AB InBev.)

Well, it didn't used to be artificially flavored. And I don't give a shit who owns craft breweries, so long as the beer doesn't change (like Goose Island did). 10 Barrel in downtown Portland is still the same brewmaster and people making the beer, so I am fine drinking there.

Back