The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh! I’m at a wedding reception. All they have is Busch Light and Michelob Ultra. [emoji1361][emoji1361][emoji1361][emoji1361]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gene and

Had some extra time as dinner took a bit longer - small glass from the other kegerator tap....the cream ale we were given:
KF-Cream-Ale.jpg

And after, a staple....Bosque Brewing (award winning) Scale Tipper IPA (6.5% abv, 95 ibu)
Bosque-Scale-Tipper-IPA.jpg

Hurt my lower back this morning...ibuprofen isn’t helping at all, so resorting to this. Works lots better.

861b3a176df9242dd5360fe4b8bd8257.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quit drinking at the wrong time...I love those descriptions..."double dry hopped......hazy IPA"...gotta love that...and your "approach" doesn't require a lot of reading on the "prescription" label to see what other drugs interact with your drug of choice...

I quit drinking at the wrong time...I love those descriptions..."double dry hopped......hazy IPA"...gotta love that...and your "approach" doesn't require a lot of reading on the "prescription" label to see what other drugs interact with your drug of choice...
LOL! I know, my good man. You would certainly be impressed with the explosion of regional breweries. And, now the more recent craze is to package them in cans....which I LOVE! Cans rule....so portable....crushable......cooler-able.

We went to our new financial adviser yesterday, and afterwards, we went to a relatively newer brewery in Champaign (actually Savoy...which is a small town that skirts Champaign) called Triptych. Such a sweet little place.

LOL! I know, my good man. You would certainly be impressed with the explosion of regional breweries. And, now the more recent craze is to package them in cans....which I LOVE! Cans rule....so portable....crushable......cooler-able.

We went to our new financial adviser yesterday, and afterwards, we went to a relatively newer brewery in Champaign (actually Savoy...which is a small town that skirts Champaign) called Triptych. Such a sweet little place.

Cool place if you scroll down the left side and click on the menu you can see the various beers with "colorful" names....interesting that they are 4oz servings....like samples...

Last edited:
Listed in that email are a few beer facts. Enjoy!

Milkshake IPAs

'Milkshake' IPAs are produced with milk sugar (lactose) which does not ferment out, leaving the new style sweeter than your typical IPA and gives them a smoother mouthfeel. Many iterations of this style include fruit additions as well!

Brut IPAs

Brut IPAs are produced by utilizing champagne yeast strains and/or by utilizing an enzyme used in champagne making (called amylase) after fermentation to produce a dry, effervescent finish.

Ageable Beers

Beer never expires in the sense of being unsafe to drink, but flavors do change over time. These changes are impacted by both exposure to oxygen and light. Flavor development will vary depending on the style and ingredients used, but higher ABV beers tend to age best.

View attachment 39465

I was just sitting here drinking a Guinness when I remembered an email I received yesterday alerting me to National Beer Day which is tomorrow.

That is weird.......Snood not drink beer in like 2 months or more .........sat down to watch Aquaman and a about 1230 AM April 7 started going hmm a beer sounds gooooood..........so downed 3 Rolling Rocks in bottle. :unsure:

Snood no beer snob, but Rolling Rock in can is teeeeeeeerrrible...........always loved the taste of bottled rock. :LB

Back