The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing ABC at the London Palladium tomorrow night. Then Rick Wakeman at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane on 27th of this month. I wonder if Rick knows the muffin man? :unsure:
ABC gave us a wonderful evening starting with "When Smokey Sings" with other hits from their catalogue with the whole of The Lexicon Of Love album played in the order on the record after the interval and a full reprise of "The Look Of Love" for their encore. Great sound too as they had moderated the electric instruments with screens around the drums to balance the live mix with the orchestra. The musicians in the orchestra were also really enjoying themselves singing along when not playing and having fun pointing at each other when the lyrics "Who broke my heart....You did! You did!" filled the theatre. A fun gig!

Attachments

• 20240217_215352.JPG
    20240217_215352.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
The Pineapple Thief in Amsterdam yesterday was fantastic. De Melkweg was sold out and everybody was having a good time. The soundquality was great.
You and @DuncanS are killing me with your glowing TFT concert reviews. Over here on the other side of the pond I’m feeling geographically challenged!

You and @DuncanS are killing me with your glowing TFT concert reviews. Over here on the other side of the pond I’m feeling geographically challenged!
I imagine they will get to your side of the pond again .......... eventually

I believe that only Bruce Soord & Gavin Harrison earn their living being musicians, and that the rest of the band have other jobs (like a lot of bands these days!) so need to be able to take time off work to tour.

When I interviewed Bruce about a month ago, he seemed to think they might do a US leg in the Fall. I certainly hope so!
When I saw them in Bristol last week it was only their 2nd date of the tour, and they were excellent, timing was spot on, so really on form, so by the time they can do a US tour they'll have hopefully reached brilliant!

When I saw them in Bristol last week it was only their 2nd date of the tour, and they were excellent, timing was spot on, so really on form, so by the time they can do a US tour they'll have hopefully reached brilliant!
Hi Duncan, now I'm really looking forward to seeing TPT in London on 16th March - they should be much better by then!! 😂 Although they might be worn out from the travelling around Europe. I had a look at the tour schedule and they have 5-6 hours journey time between gigs on consecutive days. With the packing up one night, time on the tour bus, setting up and sound checks before the lights spark back to life it doesn't leave much time for sleeping and eating. And they are in Germany the night before I see them with crossing the Channel back to the UK to add into their journey. 😲 I am hopeful that they are so tight as a band by then that they will be able to play in their sleep. Joking aside, this is going to be a cracking gig.

And I regret not going to the last tour of Roger Waters Who played in Milano last year, honestly when I hear they play in places like stadiums or similars I feel hopeless... acoustics are terrible unless you're close to the stage..... But apart from jazz gigs in small jazz clubs they all play in such conditions..... Like porcupine tree in 2022 (I missed also that 🕐 one)..... There are rumors of Macca back in Italy for another last (?) concert. If true I must not miss that

Had a live Music weekend - Sat @ Jazz at Lincoln Center for Terrance Blanchard feat Christian McBride, Turtle Island String Quartet and vocals from Tarriona Ball (Tank from Tank & The Bangas).

Sun @ Daryl’s House for Jim Messina. A great intimate venue to see Jim perform - not unexpected but a great band too!

Back