• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Crow, Sheryl - The Globe Sessions (DTS Disc)

Rate the DTS-CD of Sheryl Crow - THE GLOBE SESSIONS

• Total voters

Mike the Fish

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
That's a good question. I don't know, however this disc is 6.1 which SACD is not capable of. I'm not set up for 6.1, so I don't know what's in the extra rear channel. I may be to able to wire up a temporary speaker to isolate the channel.

Perpendicular

Signal Initiator
I've never used a sixth channel in a surround setup but from what I've read, it's a combination of both left & right rear surround speakers, not a discreet mix.

Blrac

I got this very cheap, which is good. I gave it a 6. I was not very impressed with this. This is background music moreso than anything I would play for others. Just not my favorite songs by her.

DocCasualty

I gave this an '8'. Sheryl Crow was largely off my radar until I was given tickets to her concert at Interlochen last June. Awesome concert and it gave me a whole new appreciation for her and her band. Decent collection of tunes and I thought the surround mix was well done on this disc.

I don't know if the ES 6.1 would add much to the experience, but I listened to it on my 5.1 system.

markshan

The most important female artist of the 90s in her most adventurous album. OF COURSE it should have a surround mix. I gave it a 10!

CPR

Just received this yesterday;(used, but barely/($7.15)
Interesting mix; but disappointed, that there's zero information showing
What's worse, is that the 2 channel CD, shows all the info
Sound quality is fine; channel separation, is adequate
Bass is subtle, at best
Anyway, I vote 7!:rolleyes:

John Svensson

"zero information that is showing".....I must say, I don't understand what that means to know what disappointed you?? :confused:
I get the rest, but.......?? Maybe I'm misreading it, it's almost like a haiku.

CPR

No track listing info
No Album title info
No Band listing info

What's bizarre is that the 2 channel CD, shows everything
It's a brand new vehicle; (Acura A-SPEC), & my other DTS discs are fine

@CPR, this DTS-CD has always been a bit funky for some reason...

In my cars, the Gracenote DB can't ID it and there's no CD-Text information to supplement, but plays fine and sounds great.
On my PCs foobar2000 and VLC don't quite see the DTS encoding, think it's a regular CD and just play static.
Works great on the rest of my HT equipment tho.

Snood

Staff member
@CPR, this DTS-CD has always been a bit funky for some reason...

In my cars, the Gracenote DB can't ID it and there's no CD-Text information to supplement, but plays fine and sounds great.
On my PCs foobar2000 and VLC don't quite see the DTS encoding, think it's a regular CD and just play static.
Works great on the rest of my HT equipment tho.
Integra, You probably already do, but just in case - Do you have the DTS plug-in for foobar2000? If not, should be this one https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_dts :LB

here is the whole page of plug ins too https://www.foobar2000.org/components :LB

4-earredwonder

I also have The Globe Sessions on MLP DVD~A 5.1 which definitely sounds better than the DTS 5.1. I voted an 8 for the DTS but would vote a 9 for the LOSSLESS MLP DVD~A.

fizzywiggs41

I like both the DTSCD and DVDA fwiw.

And just a localizing quick note---Sheryl Crow will be headling the Winnipeg Folk Festival this July.

kvsawilson

Thanks! I'm all good on the foobar2000 side, The Globe Sessions DTS-CD is the only disc I have this odd problem with.
Same here. it's the one I have to use VLC to play. Actually, I also have trouble with just the first track of Don Henley's End of the Innocence. Just get static with Foobar but the rest of the disc plays fine.

K

4-earredwonder

Same here. it's the one I have to use VLC to play. Actually, I also have trouble with just the first track of Don Henley's End of the Innocence. Just get static with Foobar but the rest of the disc plays fine.

K
The first track of the DTS Don Henley End of Innocence is 6.1.....perhaps that's why you have issues.