DVD-Audio case sleeves - Snood found some nice ones that fit great

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
Well if you anything like Snood and hate to see your DVD Audio Cases get all scratchy and stuff - finally found some resealable Poly sleeves on Ebay that are 6 x 6 :QQlove

They fit perfectly

You can get them in 10 , 35 or 100 count - just got them in the mail today and they are koooooo so I bought the last 2 - 1 hundred counts, but I am sure they will restock soooon

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-35-100-...var=541684573682&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

you can pick and choose your size and quantity - but the 6 x 6 work perfect for the DVD Audio cases :LB

Well if you anything like Snood and hate to see your DVD Audio Cases get all scratchy and stuff - finally found some resealable Poly sleeves on Ebay that are 6 x 6 :QQlove

They fit perfectly

You can get them in 10 , 35 or 100 count - just got them in the mail today and they are koooooo so I bought the last 2 - 1 hundred counts, but I am sure they will restock soooon

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-35-100-Resealable-CLEAR-Poly-Cello-Bags-PICK-SIZE-USDA-Archival-Safe/332582312080?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=541684573682&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

you can pick and choose your size and quantity - but the 6 x 6 work perfect for the DVD Audio cases :LB

You're a coo dude, Snood. Ordered 4 packs of 35 [6 x 6] and couldn't come at a better time since I cannot for the life of me find any replacement DVD~A cases. :SB:LB:hi:SG:dance:QQlove:rocks ORGANIC bananas

Coo Tip: Unless you live in an organic, germ/dust free environment, wipe off the DVD~A case with a dampened cloth, let dry thoroughly and then insert it into 6x6 resealable bag. Will make the case look GOOD as NEW!

.......Bubble Boy:smokin

Last edited:
You're a coo dude, Snood. Ordered 4 packs of 35 [6 x 6] and couldn't come at a better time since I cannot for the life of me find any replacement DVD~A cases. :SB:LB:hi:SG:dance:QQlove:rocks ORGANIC bananas

Coo Tip: Unless you live in an organic, germ/dust free environment, wipe off the DVD~A case with a dampened cloth, let dry thoroughly and then insert it into 6x6 resealable bag. Will make the case look GOOD as NEW!

.......Bubble Boy:smokin

Did ya get them already?? :unsure: Got my first 100 batch and 200 more on the way - bought out the 100s and see you bought out the 35s :hi - I am sure they will restock sooooooooon

Hope ya like them :D:LB

Did ya get them already?? :unsure: Got my first 100 batch and 200 more on the way - bought out the 100s and see you bought out the 35s :hi - I am sure they will restock sooooooooon

Hope ya like them :D:LB

And if I don't like 'em, brother Snood.......I GOT YOUR NUMBER!:devilish:

Thanks Snood! But what is more important to me, where I can find DVD-A cases itself with old small hinges? That is the big problem.:(

Thanks Snood! But what is more important to me, where I can find DVD-A cases itself with old small hinges? That is the big problem.:(
The best way to get the small hinge these days is look for cheap "new" titles on the bay and re-purpose them. Here's an example. Expensive for a new case, but maybe your rare title is worth a new $6 case.

edit: I didn't notice the $4 shipping; which makes the total $10. Probably a bit much, but if you watch these old DVD-Audio titles, sometimes you can find one that didn't sell well that somebody is blowing out for a couple bucks each.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, sukothai. This is good for a couple of cases, but when you need a 20-30 of them... this is gonna be a way TOO MUCH $$$!

True. If you need a bunch, then you must watch for the large lot sales; which are harder to find anymore but do still happen.

Well guys........ if ya been watching my posts for the last 4 years and Snooooooood would think everyone would hang on every word Snood saaaaaaaaaaaay :rolleyes:

Okay back to reality.......

Yeah Me did post about Half.com..........there were a few sellers selling the New sealed Front Row Discs for 75 cents plus 1.99 shipping........and every order from the same seller after only .99 cents shipping.......... So first disc 2.74 and all the rest 1.74 ........Snood was able to get about 30 extra that way

Was very sad to see Half.com go bye bye

Also there was a fellow QQer here that Snood will not mention the name because no doubt he/she will be inundated with PMs if me do..........Offered up old sealed Christmas DVD-As for free on the forums (sealed, but they were helping us QQers with the cases) .... actually thinks they did not even charge shipping.........

How Phucking Kooo is That!!?? QQ RoX!!!!!

Yes there is a walk thru by Jon Urban on how to extract the cases somewhere............which Snood followed to a J.............well T really, but it is Jon Urban so yea J and Snood is afraid he will go :SB and ban Snood if no give credit :whistle: (kidding)

NO BAN SNOOD NO BAN SNOOD :LB:SG:LB:SG:LB:SG

In some instances you can cut the inlay for a disc originally housed in a small hinge Super Jewel Box to fit the easier to find large hinge version. It would be a matter of seeing what information would be lost in cutting the inlay. If the catalog number on the spine is untouched and only a bit of the UPC is compromised, it may be worth it to have a functioning case.

Well guys........ if ya been watching my posts for the last 4 years and Snooooooood would think everyone would hang on every word Snood saaaaaaaaaaaay :rolleyes:

Okay back to reality.......

Yeah Me did post about Half.com..........there were a few sellers selling the New sealed Front Row Discs for 75 cents plus 1.99 shipping........and every order from the same seller after only .99 cents shipping.......... So first disc 2.74 and all the rest 1.74 ........Snood was able to get about 30 extra that way

Was very sad to see Half.com go bye bye

Also there was a fellow QQer here that Snood will not mention the name because no doubt he/she will be inundated with PMs if me do..........Offered up old sealed Christmas DVD-As for free on the forums (sealed, but they were helping us QQers with the cases) .... actually thinks they did not even charge shipping.........

How Phucking Kooo is That!!?? QQ RoX!!!!!

Yes there is a walk thru by Jon Urban on how to extract the cases somewhere............which Snood followed to a J.............well T really, but it is Jon Urban so yea J and Snood is afraid he will go :SB and ban Snood if no give credit :whistle: (kidding)

NO BAN SNOOD NO BAN SNOOD :LB:SG:LB:SG:LB:SG

Unfortunately, Snood, a LOT of those older Silverline discs came with those sticky, sticky outer titles identifying the discs and trying to remove them used to leave a residue on the cases and I tried everything to remove it and even found myself replacing THOSE cases with newer ones.

In desperation, I also ordered some newer DVD~A cases from Acoustic Sounds and didn't read the fine print. They were for double DVD~As and came with the smaller hinges. Waste of money unless you had to replace those few double DVD~As which were produced years ago.

Since NONE of the replacement CD case manufacturers are making them anymore we're plum out of luck. But even buying those old Silverline DVD~As for $0.01 and paying the $3.99 s/h fee [or MORE] from Amazon third party vendors doesn't guarantee the unsuspecting buyer a perfect DVD~A case.

Put them in BD~A/V replacement cases .... recently bought 30 brand new for $11.99 w/Prime shipping from AmazonUS. They [meaning the DVD~As] won't know the difference....unlike Memory Sticks....which NEVER forget!

That deal is gone but AmazonUS currently has 25 replacement BD~A/V cases for $15.50 brand new with FREE Memorex LENS CLEANER https://www.amazon.com/pieces-Repla...keywords=Blu+ray+replacement+disc+cases&psc=1

Last edited:
I bought a load of SACD & DVD-A cases about 10-12 years ago, as just about every disc I bought was arriving with a cracked case. Glad I did as they're not easy to come by these days.

I bought a load of SACD & DVD-A cases about 10-12 years ago, as just about every disc I bought was arriving with a cracked case. Glad I did as they're not easy to come by these days.

I likewise bought a lot of replacement SACD/DVD~A cases years ago and do have a few replacement SACD cases [with the smaller spines] left.

My advice: stock up on RBCD cases while they're still available and relatively cheap because I fear even one day they'll be scarce as well.

I've noticed that more CDs are being released in Cardboard cases, and when the plastic CD holder breaks its a right pain in the ........

Back