Fake or real? 2 x GOLD DTS CD polydor japan 2008 - John Legend Live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boys, Boys, BOYS {Clint & Baggy], Way too much of a heated exchange over a $40 item.

I'm in the funeral business in New York and have to accept Chinese Caskets from families who choose to purchase them elsewhere. Casket Sales ARE my bread and butter and I've survived but make no mistake....even though these units are Supreme Knock~offs, 'cosmetic wise,' I've had handles come loose and fall off, adjustable springs/mattresses [which lower/raise the loved one] collapse and have even heard stories of the bottoms falling out with the remains lying on the ground [although, thankfully, it never happened to me].

The point is, if I can survive so can the record companies who accept these fake Chinese discs. To protect myself, I used to have families who chose to purchase their own caskets sign a disclaimer that we wouldn't be responsible for 'casket failures....' but New York State has outlawed that disclaimer. So basically, if something does happen..........we have NO protection.

But, IMO, the record store should be MORE vigilant in what they accept since if this IS a common practice they should by now be fully aware of it and refuse ANY SUCH ITEMS deemed FAKES!

Last edited:
I believe this is fake. The DTS logo is not correct, besides the fact that I bought similar looking discs from an American seller who had hoards of them. Upon arrival, they were just CDs, not DTS CDs or even surround sound. If they have Chinese writing, and/or the logos are not correct, then more than likely they are fake. Save your money.

Welcome to the forum:hi...great to see a new member from the Sunshine State

Back