• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

ctoelle

Reaction score
Steve Hillage, particularly Green and Fish Rising

harync

Reaction score
I know Pink Floyd has been mentioned before, but I just can't understand why they don't release a huge surround Box Set:

The Sound Surrounds...
1) Atom Heart Mother Quad (previously released) + 5.1 (would require new mix)
2) Meddle 5.1 (previously released - kind of) + Full Album in Quad (If it exists; Echoes is previously released)
3) Obscured by Clouds 5.1 (Produced, but unreleased)
4) Dark Side of the Moon (Quad and 5.1 previously released)
5) Wish You Were Here (Quad and 5.1 previously released)
6) Animals 5.1 (Produced, but unreleased) + Quad (if it ever existed)
7) The Wall 5.1 (possibly produced?)
8) The Final Cut (not yet made)
9) Momentary Lapse of Reason (to be released in December 2019)
10) The Division Bell (previously released)
11) The Endless River (previously released)

If it is was reasonably priced, I would swallow the pain on the extensive double-dipping just to encourage multi-channel releases.

Last edited:

Eclectic

Reaction score
My wants are simple: My dream release is simply the existing Scheiner 5.1 mix of Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic. Sadly, I suspect we'll never hear it. I tried once. I got as far as communicating with Scheiner's agent, but he was not at all encouraging.

Last edited:

privateuniverse

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
David Bowie - Earthling
I know it's not many peoples cup of tea.
The CD is horribly compressed and I refuse to buy it. The vinyl is over $100 USD. Would it be wrong to request a needle drop of this title.... just to hold me over ??
Earthling and Outside are two of my favorite Bowie albums. That was a really great period for him. The live shows during that period were amazing, he had an awesome band with him then and the set lists were great. Those two albums could be awesome in surround. I do have a vinyl pressing of Earthling. I don’t think it’s any less compressed than the CD. ☹

hirez

Reaction score
As the thread says "Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?"

T.O.N.T.O.'s Expanding Headband " Zero Time"

TwoMuch

Reaction score
Too many to choose just one... Off of the top of my head...

The Cars - 1st release
The Cars - Candy-O

Dire Straits - Dire Straits

Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Judas Priest - Nostradamus

Led Zeppelin - All!

Pink Floyd - Animals

Queen - Queen
Queen - II
Queen - Sheer heart Attack

The Stranglers - ANY!

markshan

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
I love Gaucho and I love DSOTM and WYWH. I can't understand choosing to dream about a band that is already well represented in reality.