Jarre - Planet Jarre (compilation with new downloadable 5.1 mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

César

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I just found in SHF that JMJ will release a compilation on September with some mixes in surround apparently as a download only, read below:

Only in the Box-Set (2CD+2MC) and only as Download.

01 Circus 02 Equinoxe 2 03 Equinoxe 5 04 Exit with Edward Snowden 05 Oxygene 15 06 Oxygene 17 07 Oxygene 2 08 Stardust with Armin van Buuren 09 Switched On Leon 10 Coachella Opening 11 Souvenir De Chine 12 Zoolookologie

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DV5NSJV/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?__mk_de_DE

Jean Michel Jarre: Planet Jarre (Box Set) (2 CDs) – jpc

Paul at SDE twitted that he will post more details soon, so we will have to wait and see. From the tracklist, some have never been released in 5.1 and some others appear either in Oxygene or Aero.
But if it only way to get them as a download only is after buying the currently 78 euros priced deluxe edition, don't count on me...

This looks to me like songs from his recent tour, so I am guessing it to be live mixes rather than mixed studio tracks. Unfortunately for old fans like me, he has very much taken the "beats bait" in an effort to reach a younger crowd.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong and these will be remixed classic tracks!

This looks to me like songs from his recent tour, so I am guessing it to be live mixes rather than mixed studio tracks. Unfortunately for old fans like me, he has very much taken the "beats bait" in an effort to reach a younger crowd.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong and these will be remixed classic tracks!
If the live mixes are as good as Jarre in China, we may eventually get a decent release

Weird how the Amazon UK pre-order lists 6 discs. Disappointing that it looks like the 5.1 is download only, I would suspect it is just previously mixed 5.1 tracks too as it says 'selected tracks' (or something like that), a missed opportunity for him to do a nice stand alone 5.1 Blu-ray as he's made a big thing about 5.1 in the past...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Jar...s2&ascsubtag=0b4cb3b493cefe3c6d5a82f42e088153

Jarre in China mixes are great, but at that time he had not gone as fully "Beats" as on this last tour. That said, the light show on the tour was spectacular.
Definitely glad that I tracked down Jarre in China quite a while back. Ultimately, it might not be a keeper for me, just musically.
Maybe though. I have a growing like for chill, background music. I'll have to spin it again when I'm home and decide!

There are 12-13 Mp4 files - the highlights are Oxygene 2 - Coachella Opening - and souvenirs of China= I wish he would have done te Cina alum in it's entirety Though it does sound great dtS NEURAL x

I have forgotten that I asked this question here on QQ too. I found out somewhere else that the files are encoded in DD Plus.

Given how each re-release of his back catalogue has been marked with a decrease in fidelity, one can only worry about what horror's are likely to be foisted upon us.

The 5.1 mixes on this are a joy. They sound to me to be fully dynamic, and discrete all over the place. Really enjoying them.

The stereo is fairly compressed (DR6-8], but the the 5.1 mixes sound great to me.

Not sure what I'm supposed to do with these cassettes. Haven't had anything that can play them working in my house for a decade.

Back