Jarre - Planet Jarre (compilation with new downloadable 5.1 mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam, any plan to listen to the cassettes :geek:?
They may have a hidden message inside Spectrum code like Radiohead's OK Computer boxset (well, most likely not, you must be a reeeeeal freak like Radiohead to so do)

Adam, any plan to listen to the cassettes :geek:?
They may have a hidden message inside Spectrum code like Radiohead's OK Computer boxset (well, most likely not, you must be a reeeeeal freak like Radiohead to so do)

haha.. no plan, i don't even have a cassette deck anymore.. but i could get my WMD6C out of mothballs for a laugh! :ROFLMAO: tbh i didn't know the vinyl option of this set came with the 5.1 download or i'd have got that instead!

haha.. no plan, i don't even have a cassette deck anymore.. but i could get my WMD6C out of mothballs for a laugh! :ROFLMAO: tbh i didn't know the vinyl option of this set came with the 5.1 download or i'd have got that instead!
That I didn't know either! Any specific vinyl version or all of them? Going to check Amazon right now...
Back from Amazon Spain and right you are, my friend. As you can read in perfect Spanish from Amazon (hope this was just laziness and not a language mistake): Album auf 4 x 180g Vinyl LPs, zusammengefasst in einem Hardcover Buch inklusive Downloadcodes für einige Tracks im 5.1. Sound. Der erste Teil, Soundscapes , setzt sich
Current price is plain crazy: 80 euros for the vinyl set, 60 for 2 CDs and cassettes...

Last edited:
Listened to some of the 5.1 tracks today and I can say that they sound great!
By the way, bought it for 43 Euros on Amazon.de, so well worth the price for the surround tracks. The cassettes are rubbish, though :).

Hello,.. another new one here. :hi

I'm considering purchasing the superdeluxe edition, but find it pricy and want to gather more info first.
Are the 5.1 audio tracks in the mp4 files in Dolby TrueHD Lossless Audio or in Dolby Digital lossy?

Last edited:

I'm considering purchasing the deluxe edition, but find it pricy and want to gather more info first.
Are the 5.1 audio tracks in the mp4 files in Dolby TrueHD Lossless Audio or in Dolby Digital lossy?

Welcome:danceanother member from The Netherlands(y)...I'm sure someone will be along that can answer your questions:D

Welcome:danceanother member from The Netherlands(y)...I'm sure someone will be along that can answer your questions:D
I look up this page and see members from Madrid...London...Germany...The Netherlands....we are truly GLOBAL...and even me from outer spaceo_O
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I knew it,.. Eastwood had to be an alien! :LOL:

Listened to some of the 5.1 tracks today and I can say that they sound great!
By the way, bought it for 43 Euros on Amazon.de, so well worth the price for the surround tracks. The cassettes are rubbish, though :).

At least two people here have said the mixes are great, BUT can anyone comment on whether these mixes are of classic versions of these tracks, or modern versions? In particular, are the mixes infused with the modern "beats" he seems to favor now, or are they more old-school ambient electronics?

Please advise!

I'm considering purchasing the superdeluxe edition, but find it pricy and want to gather more info first.
Actually, they are DD+, which is an enhanced AC3 format. They sound to me like plain vanilla Dullby. My player displays a bitrate of 1.0 Mbit/sec, which is too low to be lossless 5.1
So, unfortunately they are lossy. The surround mix is nothing like the Aero DVD.
The only positive thing I can say about these mp4 files is that they are not compressed to earbleeding levels like the Planet Jarre CDs, which are mastered unlistenably loud from the first minute to the last (as it has been the case for his last few albums) :-(

Is there a time limit on the downloads? (E.g. "This code must be redeemed by 31 December 2020") I saw a sealed copy cheap but thought it still might be too late.

Back