Queen “Bohemian Rhapsody” Biopic

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmnn... this movie follows Queen until the Live Aid concert in 1985 (I was hoping it would go until Freddie's passing)... guess we'll get a triumphant end instead of a depressing end. Also, 2 directors listed... Bryan Singer (the best X-Men movies) is listed second while Dexter Fletcher is listed first... not sure if this is a good thing. Well, Mike Myers is back, so that's cool!

Hmmnn... this movie follows Queen until the Live Aid concert in 1985 (I was hoping it would go until Freddie's passing)... guess we'll get a triumphant end instead of a depressing end. Also, 2 directors listed... Bryan Singer (the best X-Men movies) is listed second while Dexter Fletcher is listed first... not sure if this is a good thing. Well, Mike Myers is back, so that's cool!
Maybe we'll get a sad sequel if this pic does ok. I like the trailer. I don't mind rejoicing in Queen's triumphant years for a couple of hours.

Maybe we'll get a sad sequel if this pic does ok. I like the trailer. I don't mind rejoicing in Queen's triumphant years for a couple of hours.
Exactly Bro! That's what I'm talking about. There is enough sadness in this world on a daily basis. I'd say this is likely in the same league (well, likely not as good) as The Doors. You know, accenting the explosiveness of both the band, and obviously their front man. I think it's a no brainer idea for a movie. Whoop!!

I'm all over it......

I hope they do the film, and the memory of Freddie justice. Far too often, biopics take a little too much poetic license when in many cases; the truth is stranger (and far more interesting) than any fiction that could possibly be created.

Nice to see they continued the project after firing Sacha Baron Cohen. I don't know if I could have found him believable as Mr. Mercury. Where Jim Carrey made logical sense to portray Andy Kaufman, (a comedian playing a comedian) I don't know if I could have been able to stomach a comedian playing a musician. That's a big leap of faith to take especially knowing Sacha Baron Cohen's previous body of work.

So this is the movie that was gonna originally cast Sacha Cohen right?? :unsure:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...on-cohen-left-freddie-mercury-biopic-20131020

Looks that way, and Brian May and I think alike as Sacha Cohen is just too big of a name to play a historic character. I would find that distracting as well. You almost need a nobody to play the main lead because anybody with a history is too difficult to ignore.

Kurt Russel playing Elvis in that TV series back in the 70's. I've seen it - I don't find Russel believable in that part.
However, Gary Busey as Buddy Holly was a pretty decent choice for the Buddy Holly story. If I'm not mistaken, Busey had only played secondary characters up to that point - never the lead. That made his portrayal that much more believable. You don't know him, so it's not as big of a leap to believe that he is Buddy.
Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash is still on the fence for me. While I think he captured a lot of Johnny's mannerisms, he didn't look the part.
Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles, well, if the man himself was OK with that casting choice then nothing I can say means anything.

Details of the film's soundtrack have emerged:

1. 20th Century-Fox Fanfare *
  2. Somebody To Love
  3. Doing All Right… revisited – Smile *
  4. Keep Yourself Alive (Live @ The Rainbow Theatre, London – 3/31/1974)
  5. Killer Queen
  6. Fat Bottomed Girls (Live In Paris) *
  7. Bohemian Rhapsody
  8. Now I’m Here (Live @ Hammersmith Odeon, London – 12/24/1975)
  9. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
  10. Love Of My Life (Live @ Rock In Rio – 1/11 or 1/18/1985) *
  11. We Will Rock You (Movie Mix) *
  12. Another One Bites The Dust
  13. I Want To Break Free
  14. Under Pressure – Queen + David Bowie
  15. Who Wants To Live Forever
  16. Bohemian Rhapsody (Live Aid / Wembley Stadium – 7/13/1985) *
  17. Radio Ga Ga (Live Aid / Wembley Stadium – 7/13/1985) *
  18. Ay-Oh (Live Aid / Wembley Stadium – 7/13/1985) *
  19. Hammer To Fall (Live Aid / Wembley Stadium – 7/13/1985) *
  20. We Are The Champions (Live Aid / Wembley Stadium – 7/13/1985) *
  21. Don’t Stop Me Now… revisited *
  22. The Show Must Go On
Tracks 1, 3, 6, 10-11 and 16-21 previously unreleased
Track 2 from A Day At The Races (EMI, 1976)
Track 4 from Live At The Rainbow ’74 (Hollywood (U.S.)/Virgin EMI (U.K.), 2014)
Track 5 from Sheer Heart Attack (EMI, 1974)
Track 7 from A Night At The Opera (EMI, 1975)
Track 8 from Sheer Heart Attack: Deluxe Edition (Hollywood (U.S.)/Island (U.K.), 2011) and A Night At The Odeon (Hollywood (U.S.)/Virgin EMI (U.K.), 2015)
Tracks 9 and 12 from The Game (EMI, 1980)
Track 13 from The Works (EMI, 1984)
Track 14 from Hot Space (EMI, 1982)
Track 15 from A Kind Of Magic (EMI, 1986)
Track 22 from Innuendo (Hollywood (U.S.)/Parlophone (U.K.), 1991)

Back