Snood Just Bought a New Expensive Box.......

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
It's a 4700 dollar 4 ton Air Conditioner - complete replacement :eek: Inside Housing Motor Blower Ducts Electrical and piping and thermostat & Outside - evvvvverthing 4668 to be exact which includes labor and all.

About 7 PM last night our 25 year old DInosaur of an AC unit bit the dust - well almost - the compressor went :mad: so that woulda been about 1000 bux, but my buddy across the street who kept this beast going for the last 7 years - said yeah we can replace the compressor, but that is like putting a band aid on a gun shot wound. If something other major goes, ya just waster 1000 bux.

Luckily my buddy neighbor does everything and has his own electrical/AC/everything business used to be the main guy at Snoodville Habitat for Humanity - He does all the work himself.

He is usually backed up a couple months, but since he knows Snood and Momma Snood he postponed a few jobs - and gonna start on it tomorrow. Only thing is it takes him about 4 to 5 days to do it alone.

Luckily Snood bought a couple 8000 btu portable AC units that you vent out a window with a hose last year after the hurricane - spent about 3 hours getting those set up today - so Momma Snood and Snood rooms are comfy :hi

The Hi today was 87 and rest of the house felt like it:cry:(that's sweat) next 5 days not so bad Highs 83 83 80 78 82 - Thank God Ac not break down in July August or September - would of been Mid to high 90s:whistle:

Was gonna happen sometime......best it did before Snood retire tooooooo :LB

Snood looked at Burning Shed, Amazon, Importcds, Deep Discount etc and they could not beat the price.............so went with my neighbor buddy. :QQlove

Last edited:
It's a 4700 dollar 4 ton Air Conditioner - complete replacement :eek: Inside Housing Motor Blower Ducts Electrical and piping and thermostat & Outside - evvvvverthing 4668 to be exact which includes labor and all.

About 7 PM last night our 25 year old DInosaur of an AC unit bit the dust - well almost - the compressor went :mad: so that woulda been about 1000 bux, but my buddy across the street who kept this beast going for the last 7 years - said yeah we can replace the compressor, but that is like putting a band aid on a gun shot wound. If something other major goes, ya just waster 1000 bux.

Luckily my buddy neighbor does everything and has his own electrical/AC/everything business used to be the main guy at Snoodville Habitat for Humanity - He does all the work himself.

He is usually backed up a couple months, but since he knows Snood and Momma Snood he postponed a few jobs - and gonna start on it tomorrow. Only thing is it takes him about 4 to 5 days to do it alone.

Luckily Snood bought a couple 8000 btu portable AC units that you vent out a window with a hose - spent about 3 hours getting those set up today - so Momma Snood and Snood rooms are comfy :hi

The Hi today was 87 and rest of the house felt like it:cry:(that's sweat) next 5 days not so bad Highs 83 83 80 78 82 - Thank God Ac not break down in July August or September - would of been Mid to high 90s:whistle:

Was gonna happen sometime......best it did before Snood retire tooooooo :LB

Snood looked at Burning Shed, Amazon, Importcds, Deep Discount etc and they could not beat the price.............so went with my neighbor buddy. :QQlove

COO, SNOOD!

You can't be a Southerner without A/C :cool:

Snood spent many a summer weekend at Snood cabin with no AC back in me 20s - Beer and Water Ski all day - fans (not rabid Snood fans. but things that make breezes for Snood) everywhere - lotta sweating then take shower get ready to boogie at the nightclubs :dance(actual Snood moves) - get out of shower and start sweating again lol :LOL: Dunno How we did it?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that buddy....but you are right about it happening now in Florida...if this was August...not only would the humidity be killer but it's hard to get anyone to even install one during August...it's crazy busy then because if your AC has a weakness...it will be exposed during that humid period..

Last edited:
And the beat's so loud, deep inside
The pressure's high, just to stay alive
'Cause the heat is on'

Recorded by a certain Mr Glenn Fried

Coolin' so coolin' coolin' me
Coolin' so coolin' coolin' me
Have some cool clear water
(Drink a little drip drip drip drip drink a little)
(Water coolin' me)

Written by a certain Mr Brain Cool Wilson, with a little help from a certain Mr Mike I Love it.

Let music solve everything folks...:SG

Back