The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The famous "long neck" bottles..reminds me of the other end of the scale...the Little Necks...actually they were "little kings"….cream ale in a 7 ounce bottle..Schoenling produced them...it was the perfect companion to a "shot" of whiskey(y) a true American Beer..
https://www.google.com/search?q=shoney+little+kings&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=_racF84ypb0ILM%3A%2CiNw-Lq8Edw1v-M%2C_&usg=AI4_-kS0uPbVKit13Pa3AuqJ2YmntKU8_w&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjSk7bK1p_gAhVprlkKHWAJDUkQ9QEwEXoECAEQBA#imgrc=_racF84ypb0ILM:

Oh boy... Little Kings Cream Ale. Man oh man...the memories of those. For some reason, back in the day (1979-1985ish) we couldn't get enough of those...but they were hard to find locally. They were the perfect size for aiming for the road signs......

Oh boy... Little Kings Cream Ale. Man oh man...the memories of those. For some reason, back in the day (1979-1985ish) we couldn't get enough of those...but they were hard to find locally. They were the perfect size for aiming for the road signs......

:eek:….the females loved the Little Kings...just the right size(y)

20190203_150603.jpg

Home brew time ..A pint of stout with a hint of black treacle..while I'm watching Manchester Utd v Leicester City...and then later it's Patriots v The Rams

Our english brown ale is now in the keg, got it connected to the co2 and tap....it'll take at least a few days to carbonate. In the meantime, I just poured from the other tap - Boxing Bear coffee chocolate milk stout (6.3% abv, 20 ibu)
Boxing-Bear-Coffee-Choc-Milk-Stout.jpg

You kill me with the homebrew talk.......UGH! I need to get back in the game. I have a question/comment. I notice many of you pictures of brew in a glass show lots of bubbles along the glass (not head, but bubbles that remind me of carbonation)

I never see such bubbles in the beer I drink.....so I wonder.........

You kill me with the homebrew talk.......UGH! I need to get back in the game. I have a question/comment. I notice many of you pictures of brew in a glass show lots of bubbles along the glass (not head, but bubbles that remind me of carbonation)

I never see such bubbles in the beer I drink.....so I wonder.........

I think it depends on the glass and the beer. Sometimes it's just some condensation on the glass, sometimes it's the pour. With this stout, the keg was filled at the brewery and carbonated with their system, then connected at home to our small co2 tank and 2-tap kegerartor and that sometimes gives some odd carbonation artifacts - I find I need to adjust the co2 levels more often than with a keg we started with our own home brew.

Time to open a crowler - Steel Bender Brewyard "Ettu Brute" brut IPA (6.9% abv, 65 ibu). Good clean clear crips example of this relatively new style. First brut through me a bit of a loop but I'm starting to like this nice dry finish.
Steel-Bender-Ettu-Brute-Brut-IPA.jpg

First brut through me a bit of a loop but I'm starting to like this nice dry finish.
I felt the same, when I tried my first brut IPA. I think I've grown to anticipate a degree of malt-sweetness to the finish of an IPA: even if it's fresh and heavily hop-driven, there's usually some element there. I hope there will be more bruts brewed down here, presently, as I'm keen to try more of them. :)

In southern Illinois during the early 80s (my high school years) there were all sorts of little beers from Miller. We called them baby eights because they came in 8 packs. It was a fun fad for a time. They sure did go down quick, but not as quick as a Micky's big mouth!

Reactions: GOS
In southern Illinois during the early 80s (my high school years) there were all sorts of little beers from Miller. We called them baby eights because they came in 8 packs. It was a fun fad for a time. They sure did go down quick, but not as quick as a Micky's big mouth!

The early eighties, back when safe sex meant no witnesses. A stopwatch was used, I downed a Mickey's Bigmouth in 2.3 seconds.

Back