• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What are you looking for...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking for the following items:
Knopfler's Sailing to Philadelphia
Bowie's Heathen
Miles Davis In a Silent Way and Sketches of Spain
Elton's Captain and Honky Chateau

Thanks!

I have Heathen as a disc-only. Was my go-to disc for a while until I scored one with the packaging. Even disc-only can go for 90 bucks but I'd let you have it for 75 if you are interested.

I traded with Salsdali if you need references; in fact, I traded him with my other Heathen disc-only! (Long story) But a trade is possible if you have something I want!

Just to add to the thread: I'm looking for the AF multichannel BEST OF BREAD. One of those that I kick myself for passing over too long when I could have easily gotten it from Acoustic Sounds (now it's OOP, of course). I'd trade my Heathen disc for that one!

Last edited:
While I do have a few of these titles, the only one I am interested in selling would be the Miles Davis Sketches of Spain on MonsterDisc...any interest?

I'm looking for the following items:
Knopfler's Sailing to Philadelphia
Bowie's Heathen
Miles Davis In a Silent Way and Sketches of Spain
Elton's Captain and Honky Chateau

Thanks!

Just noticed that I do have a copy of the Wings DTS CD of Venus & Mars [DISC ONLY] in excellent condition with barely any visible surface marks/blemishes...plays perfectly :)

So, gotta say, this is a bit more work than I anticipated....talk about some long want lists :)

Anyway, I'll do my best to get back in touch as quickly as possible.

I'm also very happy to see others helping others out :) Nice!

Just noticed that I do have a copy of the Wings DTS CD of Venus & Mars [DISC ONLY] in excellent condition with barely any visible surface marks/blemishes...plays perfectly :)
Nevermind ooops wrong release

I have Heathen as a disc-only. Was my go-to disc for a while until I scored one with the packaging. Even disc-only can go for 90 bucks but I'd let you have it for 75 if you are interested.

I traded with Salsdali if you need references; in fact, I traded him with my other Heathen disc-only! (Long story) But a trade is possible if you have something I want!

Just to add to the thread: I'm looking for the AF multichannel BEST OF BREAD. One of those that I kick myself for passing over too long when I could have easily gotten it from Acoustic Sounds (now it's OOP, of course). I'd trade my Heathen disc for that one!
Thanks for the offer, but I'm quite picky with my purchases.... I only buy the full packages

Scorpions - Moment of Glory

And if you also have stereo only SHM-SACD’s: Black Sabbath - ST & Vol. 4

Sorry, don't have the Scorpions....my understanding is that very very few people do :) And as for the Black Sabbath, I also don't have those. Good luck :)

Scorpions - Moment of Glory

And if you also have stereo only SHM-SACD’s: Black Sabbath - ST & Vol. 4

Ok, this idea is sort of working (in that people are contacting me and making requests), but nothing is selling. Perhaps my prices are too high, but I'm not desperate to sell. In any case, for now, I'm closing this plan down. I'll think about how to approach this again. Thanks to those that wrote/inquired and thanks for letting me give this idea a shot :) Best to all!!

Post #2:
I would do as other members do and list the title you are willing to sell with a firm price.
I understand you have too many to list at once.
So, do it in increments, as time permits. ;)

Post #33
...nothing is selling...
...I'll think about how to approach this again...

Entertaining & edifying while it lasted...

Isn't Capitalism interesting & instructive when The Invisible Hand works in a free market?
(Except apparently nobody agrees on what it means.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_hand

I have no use for "testing the waters" threads which decline to state what's available, much less a price.
The Hoffman Forum bans any "make offer" thread.
The only way to sell there is to state a price & reduce it until an offer is accepted. (Or the listing abandoned.)

No knock on the OP, but best practices for trading here likely evolved for good reasons.
Best of luck trimming your collection as effortlessly as reasonably achievable.

~dave~ :hi

I would like to add forcefully, and I know it is not aimed at this seller, that if you are going to use this forum to sell your wares that you make it open to everyone on the list. To say it is only available to those in the U.S. Is both unfair and shows the seller's small- mindedness and ignorance that there are other countries in the world and it is not difficult to actually mail a small package to said countries if you have half a brain. I recognize that this post will likely get me into trouble but it angers me enough to take that chance.

Last edited:
If I may add an observation (just my opinion):
Offering items at or near the market top is not going to result in rapid sales. And what is market top? That can be tough to define, but I think looking at prices items have actually sold for is your first and best clue.
Look on discogs and you'll see the top price, bottom price and median price of actual sales. Ebay also has a "sold" filter. It does not matter if some crackpot has listed an item at $130. It matters whether buyers are actually willing to pay. Historic sales give a good indication of this. Especially auctions. Of course, you could get lucky and run in to a rabid and rich fan occasionally, but that will be somewhat random. If consistent sales are desired it makes much more sense to list a tempting price.
Once you have a good grasp of historic sales, you can choose to price near the top of actual sales, near the bottom or somewhere in between, based on how eager you are to move items.

Last edited:
Back