What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found fairly cheap, what a great record this is and a very gentle master, cranks easily!
1B7E692E-9D57-46D1-8114-AA114F000B93.jpeg

Mike Nesmith - Original Albums Classics CD's. Contains "Magnetic South", "Loose Salute", "Nevada Fighter", "Tantamount To Treason Vol. 1" (was there ever to be a Vol. 2?) and "And The Hits Just Keep On Comin'". These were the first 5 solo albums Mike released after leaving the Monkees. I have the original vinyl LP's but couldn't resist adding this when I ordered "Tropical Campfires". The song "Rainmaker" (written by Harry Nilsson & Bill Martin) on N.F. has always been a favorite of mine, and that album also includes a version of "I Looked Away" (Clapton/Whitlock) which was the first version of the song I heard before hearing it on "Layla". (y)

It Shall Be - The Ode & Epic Recordings - Spirit UK 5 CD
Includes mono & stereo mixes of 1st album and stereo mixes of Family (original 2ch & Time Circle remix), Model Shop, Clear, 12 Dreams and Feedback PLUS 28 bonus tracks, several previously unreleased.

Among my 5 favorite artists. Met Randy & Ed long ago. 12 Dreams in my top 10 albums. Spirit, Family & Clear in my 100 favorite albums.

Supposedly, the AF SACD of Clear will be coming soon, after much delay. I can't wait. And what about an SACD of 12 Dreams?

We'll spend the weekend immersed in Spirit.

Last edited:
It Shall Be - The Ode & Epic Recordings - Spirit UK 5 CD
Includes mono & stereo mixes of 1st album and stereo mixes of Family (original 2ch & Time Circle remix), Model Shop, Clear, 12 Dreams and Feedback PLUS 28 bonus tracks, several previously unreleased.

Among my 5 favorite artists. Met Randy & Ed long ago. 12 Dreams in my top 10 albums. Spirit, Family & Clear in my 100 favorite albums.

Supposedly, the AF SACD of Clear will be coming soon, after much delay. I can't wait. And what about an SACD of 12 Dreams?

We'll spend the weekend immersed in Spirit.

This set was a real surprise. Cherry Red have put a lot of work into this and the remastering is done well. I was worried that the discs might be brickwalled in some way but the ones I've listened to are only slightly louder than the Elliott Scheiner and AF previous efforts so this set is terrific value (just over £25 when I pre-ordered from Amazon UK but now up to £31). Very highly recommended if you're a fan and well worth a listen if you've yet to experience the range of the band's music and the talent involved.

Snood has been in a Rory Gallagher Kick lately sooooooooooooo

Taste
On The Boards - Taste
Taste Live
Rory Gallagher
Rory Gallagher - Deuce

ordered all the new remasters 2018 from UK toooooooooo that for some reason Amazon USA was not selling

Oh got the Taste Box Set tooooooooooooooo :SB:LB

Oh and Big Star - Complete Third 3 CD set :QQlove

Taste
On The Boards - Taste
Taste Live
Rory Gallagher
Rory Gallagher - Deuce

ordered all the new remasters 2018 from UK toooooooooo that for some reason Amazon USA was not selling

I have yet to immerse myself into Rory's legacy, but I am a huge fan!!!!
As fate would have it-it was totally unplanned-, on my trip to Eire for my 50th Bday we happened to stay in his hometown, Ballyshannon..and , since I am NOT a HAM, I had to jam with him for a while!!! :rocks:rocks:SG
ballyshannon.jpg

What's Going On?

Taste
On The Boards - Taste
Taste Live
Rory Gallagher
Rory Gallagher - Deuce

What's Going On?

Great Song Linda not sure if ya seen bluray Taste Live at the Isle of Wight........Rory killed on that song on the set....check it out on you tube

He might be top 3 or 5 guitarists ever in my book....way better than Clapton .......Clapton might have him on song writing but not playing:rocks

Joe got me that Blu-Ray a couple years ago for Christmas.

Great Song Linda not sure if ya seen bluray Taste Live at the Isle of Wight........Rory killed on that song on the set....check it out on you tube

He might be top 3 or 5 guitarists ever in my book....way better than Clapton .......Clapton might have him on song writing but not playing:rocks

Taste
On The Boards - Taste
Taste Live
Rory Gallagher
Rory Gallagher - Deuce

I knew Snood had Taste! :rocks The Taste Box Set is excellent - but it seems like I ought to get the Isle Of Wight on BD, yes I'm a huge Rory G fan, I even managed to see two gigs of his :dance

1522359929361.png

Aweeeeeeeeeeeesome Duncan You Rock!!! :rocks - yeah man get that Bluray it is raw ass Awesome - the guy had major talent - top 2 to 5 for me.......Irish Tour is Aweeeeesome too

I just ordered the BBC and San Fran cds today along with the Acoustic thingy Wheels All from Amazon UK for some reason Amazon USA is not carrying the newly remastered stuff - What is Meeting the G Man? Compilation?

Aweeeeeeeeeeeesome Duncan You Rock!!! :rocks - yeah man get that Bluray it is raw ass Awesome - the guy had major talent - top 2 to 5 for me.......Irish Tour is Aweeeeesome too

I just ordered the BBC and San Fran cds today along with the Acoustic thingy Wheels All from Amazon UK for some reason Amazon USA is not carrying the newly remastered stuff - What is Meeting the G Man? Compilation?

I saw Rory G in 1976 & 1978, and its a Live recording of Rory Gallagher and his band from the Paradiso Club, Amsterdam, recorded 20th December 1993, and it ROCKS :rocks
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meeting-G-...=1522406883&sr=8-1&keywords=Meeting+the+G+Man

1522407057970.png

Back