Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered Bursting Out boxset from BShed. Quite pricey for my pocket... But as history shows these JT books are good investment.💰

I truly dislike most live albums. Nearly all in fact. But I have the rest of the set complete. How can I not buy it?
As I've gotten older, the appeal of live albums has mostly disappeared for me also. When I was a kid with only enough dough for one record, a live album always had all the good songs on it, sound quality and a possible sloppy performance be damned. But what might get me to bite on this one is the inclusion of the video content. That, plus I have all the others so.....

I love the energy that live music can reach with inspired performance. And that does happen in the studio sometimes. Obviously I love the level of audio delivery of the studio. I like it when it works! However and wherever.

Bursting Out (The Inflated Edition)
131.jpg

I enjoyed the 5.1, hope all enjoy it too.
Hi John...is this just ambient audience in the rears or is it 16/24 track recordings with spacial instruments ?

Hi John...is this just ambient audience in the rears or is it 16/24 track recordings with spacial instruments ?
I'm asked to limit my info. Active rear channels.😇
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bursting_Out
The Bern show was recorded on a 24-track, while the rest of the shows were recorded on an 8-track. Ian Anderson recalled going through "hours and hours" of recordings in order to select the best takes. Additional sweetening was done at Maison Rouge Studio in June 1978.

I have already reserved it on Amazon Spain for 67 euros. On June 27th I will have these albums at home. With a 15 euro discount voucher, I got the Bursting Out Inflated Edition for 52 euros

Last edited:
Jethro Tull is my dad's favorite band, so I pretty much grew up with this album. Great show! I'm glad they are releasing a box of this as I wasn't expecting we would ever get a remix of this one. The CD releases always bugged me because on the original US release they removed "Conundrum", as well as "Quatrain" and "Sweet Dream". Because of this I ordered the UK 2 disc version, but on that one they had a space for applause between "Quatrain" and "Aqualung". On the album they run together with no space between the two tracks.

Back