Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a wonderful morning here in Germany, seeing that the Tortured Poets Department has swiftly landed on TIDAL!

https://listen.tidal.com/album/357671392

1713502667909.png

Alas, no sign of any of the bonus tracks from those four different editions.

Okay, wait, she f*cking did what?!

The woman kicks ass. Here's the TIDAL link to the double album:
https://listen.tidal.com/album/358230609

I think the Atmos is tame on my 5.1 system. Ambience and some harmonies in the rears, too bad. Previous albums had more. I'm enjoying the music though.

I just peed myself…

(Nothing to do with this double drop. I’m just advancing in age).

Okay, wait, she f*cking did what?!

The woman kicks ass. Here's the TIDAL link to the double album:
https://listen.tidal.com/album/358230609

I think the Atmos is tame on my 5.1 system. Ambience and some harmonies in the rears, too bad. Previous albums had more. I'm enjoying the music though.

Here's the explicit deal of 31 songs in DA on AM:
Yeah, rather tame and front-heavy, although the ambience in the rears sounds "brickwalled" at the same time, at least in the first four songs...
OK, Iet's take some time to digest this.

One of my most anticipated Atoms albums was released recently, but although I get a Dolby Atmos signal, I can only hear it in stereo :(
AM even added it to their "Now in Spatial Audio" section, so it's very strange that it's not playing Atmos.
Can someone please check if this release is playing in Atmos on their system?
So last August I wrote about my disappointing experience with Anyma's album "Genesys".
I thought that it would sound great in Atmos but unfortunately we got a more stereo mix that had an Atmos signal on it.

Fast forward to April 2024 and not only did Anyma redeemed himself with a top tier Atmos remix of the same album, but he even collaborated with Dolby and made a commercial for Dolby Atmos!

As I said, for me ,the atmos mix of "Genesys" is top tier.
Not quite up there with Booka Shade and Yello, but it very enjoyable if you like EDM and lots of drops. It's a bit fatiguing to hear it as a full album, but you'll definitely want to put some of his tracks in your "Demo my system to a friend" playlist.

Tracks to demo: Eternity, Samsara, Syren, & Angel 1
On the track "Unearth" There's a panning sound that goes throughout all the speakers that you won't want to miss.

and If liked the album then there's more heavenly EDM Atmos with it's sequel "Genesys II" that also has a 2nd disc with remixes of tracks from the first album, that sound just as good as the first one.

Last edited:
So last August I wrote about my disappointed experience with Anyma's album "Genesys".
I thought that it would sound great in Atmos but unfortunately we got a more stereo mix that had an Atmos signal on it.

Fast forward to April 2024 and not only did Anyma redeemed himself with a top tier Atmos remix of the same album, but he even collaborated with Dolby and made a commercial for Dolby Atmos!

As I said, for me ,the atmos mix of "Genesys" is top tier.
Not quite up there with Booka Shade and Yello, but it very enjoyable if you like EDM and lots of drops. It's a bit fatiguing to hear it as a full album, but you'll definitely want to put some of his tracks in your "Demo my system to a friend" playlist.

Tracks to demo: Eternity, Samsara, Syren, & Angel 1
On the track "Unearth" There's a panning sound that goes throughout all the speakers that you won't want to miss.

and If liked the album then there's more heavenly EDM Atmos with it's sequel "Genesys II" that also has a 2nd disc with remixes of tracks from the first album, that sound just as good as the first one.

Listening right now. Sounds awesome! Genesys II doesn't seem to be available in Atmos on TIDAL though, is it in Atmos on AM?

“Turnstiles” is a bit of a head-scratcher for sure. Sounds nice overall but certainly lacking in the surround dept. although there are some nice bits. The aforementioned “Dance” sounds the best. It’s also a few db louder than the rest of the album on Tidal. “James” sounds nice with the backing vocals in the rear. Also seems like I’m hearing just certain notes from the electric piano in the rears? Might just be a room reflection.

Seems clearly a mix for the headphone crowd which I think is a mistake with older albums as it’s us older folks most likely to choose a room system over headphones.

Based on the reviews here I doubt I’ll even bother with the other two albums. I paid way too much for the 7” Japanese packages to waste time on inferior mixes. 🤣
Again on my room system and these ears it is superior to the DTS version....but listening and opinions are in the ears of the beholder!! Love this atmos mix!!

Back