Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What’s up with swapping out the guitar solo track for a completely different solo at 2:50 on the atmos version?

I was listening enjoying the song then I thought, hang on I know this song in and out and that’s a completely different guitar solo. I searched to the stereo version and the normal solo is there…

Slippery when wet still has some badly mixed tracks on there previously released like wanted dead or alive and you give love a bad name.

Wanted dead or alive the drums are really lacking in snare attack and Tom’s. Notably the big snare hit and drum roll going into the guitar solo are pretty much non existent on the atmos track. Rim snare clicks are also really buried in the mix

Slippery when wet still has some badly mixed tracks on there previously released like wanted dead or alive and you give love a bad name.

Wanted dead or alive the drums are really lacking in snare attack and Tom’s. Notably the big snare hit and drum roll going into the guitar solo are pretty much non existent on the atmos track. Rim snare clicks are also really buried in the mix
I agree with you. In New Jersey, "Born to be my baby", the drums are completely buried.

New/Old Eno, from a documentary about Eno

edit: went to see if that Eno doc is available anywhere, not only is it not, but apparently it might be a while as the documentary is powered by code that randomizes the footage and edits each showing, akin to Eno’s generative music. Wild!

Last edited:

I haven't heard the Atmos mix yet, but excited to see there is one. I was going to post her track Stay With Me Through the Night to the Earworm thread because it's been just that for me, sort of a cross between yacht rock and something Wilson Phillips would've done at their commercial peak.

She comes from good musical lineage too - her brother is Rocco Palladino, the bassist in Yussef Dayes band, and the superb Yussef Dayes/Tom Misch collaboration on Blue Note, What Kinda Music, and their dad is bass god Pino Palladino, who played on everything from Paul Young's No Parlez to replacing John Entwistle in The Who, to Jeff Beck, and John Mayer. He's part of the rhythm section on this track, along with Steve Ferrone, who alongside a million session credits started out his career as the drummer on the Average White Band's Cut the Cake album in 1975.

Also looking forward to the new Justice album, I hope the mix is as good as Gaspard Auge's Escapades, which is one of my favourite of the early streaming-only Atmos mixes.

I haven't heard the Atmos mix yet, but excited to see there is one. I was going to post her track Stay With Me Through the Night to the Earworm thread because it's been just that for me, sort of a cross between yacht rock and something Wilson Phillips would've done at their commercial peak.

She comes from good musical lineage too - her brother is Rocco Palladino, the bassist in Yussef Dayes band, and the superb Yussef Dayes/Tom Misch collaboration on Blue Note, What Kinda Music, and their dad is bass god Pino Palladino, who played on everything from Paul Young's No Parlez to replacing John Entwistle in The Who, to Jeff Beck, and John Mayer. He's part of the rhythm section on this track, along with Steve Ferrone, who alongside a million session credits started out his career as the drummer on the Average White Band's Cut the Cake album in 1975.

Also looking forward to the new Justice album, I hope the mix is as good as Gaspard Auge's Escapades, which is one of my favourite of the early streaming-only Atmos mixes.
Fabiana Palladino's made a lovely album, sounded good and not a bad mix at all, Surround-y enough to raise a smile 😋

needed a wee crank of the master volume compared to most of the other Atmos tracks i was playing at the time but generally a very pleasant listening session ☺️

Eddie Howell - Man From Manhattan
https://tidal.com/album/357751543?u
really curious if this is the real deal or not mixwise but can't check it right now.. 🤔 as "Man From Manhattan” was produced by Freddie Mercury, no less (!) and he played piano and did backing vocals on it too.. pretty sure Brian May played guitar and sang on it as well, i think so anyway but don't QQ-quote me on that! 🤔 👀😂

really curious if this is the real deal or not mixwise but can't check it right now.. 🤔 as "Man From Manhattan” was produced by Freddie Mercury, no less (!) and he played piano and did backing vocals on it too.. pretty sure Brian May played guitar and sang on it as well, i think so anyway but don't QQ-quote me on that! 🤔 👀😂
If I May… Freddie

https://www.discogs.com/release/30283976-Eddie-Howell-Freddie-Mercury-Man-From-Manhattan

That might make for a nice SDE release (if the mix is Queenly!)

Back