Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may seem like common practice to some of you, but for me it isn't. Make sure to read the liner notes before listening! Translate them if you need to...you may discover some information you've never seen online before! Commentaries, technical info, the works.

I do wish I could have more Indian music in physical surround. Seems like a waste to not have it, especially when it seems like 90% of the tracks after 1998 have a surround mix made for the film it belongs to...

Similar to CDs, SACDs have a sort of SPARS code: DSD Mastering, DSD Mixing, DSD Recording.

It's worth mentioning that a DSD Mixing disc does not necessarily have a pure DSD workflow the entire way through.

For example, Prism's S/T album is labelled DSD Mastering. This is because the album was mixed from a 24-bit 96-kHz digitization of the multi-track tapes in the PCM domain, then converted to DSD for the SACD. Makes sense.

More curiously, Kei Ogura's Tozakaru Fukei is labelled as DSD Mixing. Yes, the mixing was done in the DSD domain, but it's sourced from a 24-bit 48-kHz digitization of the multi-track tapes.

It seems to be that the SACDs version of SPARS codes seem to be analogous to:
DSD Mastering - PCM, PCM, DSD
DSD Mixing - PCM, DSD, DSD
DSD Recording - DSD, DSD, DSD

Much like AAD, ADD, and DDD SPARS codes. PPD, PDD, and DDD? LOL.

Blimey, looked at the list and where did 50 years go!
Fast as lightning.

200.webp

Smile
:devilish:

Just tried to find my favourite version of Across The Universe by listening to 6 versions one after the other. These were...
Take 2 + overdubs from Anthology 2
Take 6 from White Album 50th
Wildlife version from Past Masters 2
Let It Be Naked version
Glyn Johns 69 mix from Let It Be 50th
Album version from Let It Be 50th

I don't think I like the song anymore 😕

Just tried to find my favourite version of Across The Universe by listening to 6 versions one after the other. These were...
Take 2 + overdubs from Anthology 2
Take 6 from White Album 50th
Wildlife version from Past Masters 2
Let It Be Naked version
Glyn Johns 69 mix from Let It Be 50th
Album version from Let It Be 50th

I don't think I like the song anymore 😕
I choose Wildlife version from Past Masters 2 for fun. This is about FUN! :alien:

Burning Down The House is the worst song on Speaking In Tongues. How did this even get released as a radio single? The whole album is much better off without it.

Last edited:
:unsure: too many neaps & tatties did him in?

I remember as a youngster we used to get The Sunday Post sent to us in England, and then there was a scramble to get to the cartoon page - there won't be many of us on QQ who have ever heard of the Broons!
He's awa' to that great Butt n Ben in the sky.
Vivid memories of reading it while sitting on the arm of my granny's chair.

Back