MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the first and second Midnight Special sets individually, as they were first released, two discs each month. There were also a couple discs I received released as the "third set." They're more "Legendary Performances" from '73 and '74. The graphics were completely different. The covers are black.

'73 features Sly doing "Everyday People", Jim Croce doing "I Got A Name," Badfinger "No Matter What," Bee Gees' "Lonely Nights," The Association "Along Comes Mary," an more. There is also a country episode from 8/24/73 hosted by Loretta Lynn & Marty Robbins w/Don Gibson, Tammy Wynette (w & w/o George Jones), & Tanya Tucker.

The '74 disc includes Lou Christie doing "Lightnin' Strikes," David Loggins "Please Come to Boston," Sam & Dave "Soul Man," Dobie Gray "Drift Away," and more.

Yeah from what I've read, they gave you the option for the subscription on the first set, or you could save a couple dollars and just buy the box. Then the second set was through the subscription and the program died after that. I doubt there was ever a box offer for the second. I would have to hunt them one at a time or buy a collection from someone (probably for way too much money judging by what the first set goes for. I'm happy with the first set for now. But I am a completist so I may hunt the others.

"There were also a couple discs I received released as the "third set." They're more "Legendary Performances" from '73 and '74. The graphics were completely different. The covers are black....."
Thanks for that Linda, had not really seen those........a quick Ebay shopping spree and they are on their way now! John

40 Years : A Charlie Brown Christmas - V/A (Monster Music SuperDisc w/DTS 96/24 DVD-V).

image.jpg

The Aristocrats "Culture Clash Live"

CC_LIVE_COVER_1400X1400-Lrg.jpg

The latest from Steven Wilson band members Guthrie Govan and Marco Minneman & Brian Beller (Steve Vai/Joe Statriani/Mike Keneally). Mind blowing musicianship albeit only in LPCM 16/48 2.0 and Dolby 2.0. Neverthless a feast for prog/fusion fans played by musicians from another planet.

51BDO4paNQL._SS280.jpg
Two tracks are in DD 5.1: "After The Cosmic Rain" (Live Austin, Texas) and "The Romantic Warrior" (Live Montreux, Switzerland) and have excellent audio and good video.

There's also a one hour documentary, "Inside The Music" with clips of live performances of the tune being discussed, and a short "The Return To Forever Story Trailer". All in all a worthwhile companion to an excellent 2 CD set.

The Diving Board - Elton John Super Deluxe Edition CD, 2 LP, DVD & big honking book. #148 of 5000. The first Elton John album that I didn't get the first week, usually the first day it was out. Thanks to my guy Joe for this.
elton-john-the-diving-board-super-deluxe-edition-2lp-cd-dvd-book-box-set_5255781.jpeg

The Diving Board - Elton John Super Deluxe Edition CD, 2 LP, DVD & big honking book. #148 of 5000. The first Elton John album that I didn't get the first week, usually the first day it was out. Thanks to my guy Joe for this.
View attachment 18157

You're so lucky to have such a kind gentleman! (y)
Mine's still sealed (I got it day & date) so I've no idea about the contents of the honky honking book! :p
I don't think the big box set sold too well (5,000 limited edition was a tad optimistic, perhaps?).. I'll hold back - uncharacteristically - on my thoughts on the album itself, I know it's a love it or hate it Marmite-esque record :eek:
He's back in the studio with T-Bone as we speak (this time with stalwarts Davey, Ray & Nigel rather than T-Bone's assorted personnel.. ;) )

Back