XTC in 5.1!!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burning Shed has posted on Facebook that the 'Drums and Wires' pre-order is coming soon - possibly within hours, Monday at the latest!

I'm curious, will the BD-A be coming in similar jewel case plus slipcase config of the Nonsuch BD-A or in the mini-LP sleeve type packaging of the YES BD-A's..

I'm curious, will the BD-A be coming in similar jewel case plus slipcase config of the Nonsuch BD-A or in the mini-LP sleeve type packaging of the YES BD-A's..

I'm thinking (or at least hoping) that it's the former (digipack for both DVDA and BDA).
I HATE the MiniLP packaging for the Yes BDAs, and I put my Blu-Ray in with the DVDA packaging.

Burning Shed: All pre-order copies come with exclusive postcards signed by Andy Partridge.

edit: Ah, rt beat me to it!

* including the two tracks from the single that accompanied early copies of the vinyl album, two extended mixes of songs and the DJM mixes (songs earmarked as potential single releases).

The two single tracks being referred to are "Chain of Command" and "Limelight", while the DJM mixes are unused single mixes of "Real by Reel", "When You're Near Me I Have Difficulty", and "Helicopter". All three of these single mixes are on the "Coat of Many Cupboards" collection.
Other non-album singles would include "Life Begins at the Hop", "Wait Until Your Boat Goes Down", and an electric single version of "Ten Feet Tall", all of which are on the "Fossil Fuel" collection.
The "Coat..." collection also contained an outtake from this era called "Sleepyheads" and a few early recordings of "Life Begins..." and "Making Plans for Nigel".

AND THAT'S JUST THE BEGINNING! :)

Who here likes "Apple Venus" and "Wasp Star"?

Just read on Andy Partridge's Twitter that he agreed a few days ago with Colin M to get those albums remixed in surround (presumably by Steven Wilson) :)

Fantastic! I'm less fond of Colin's output on these but I find Andy's contributions to be some of his very best work.

Who here likes "Apple Venus" and "Wasp Star"?

Just read on Andy Partridge's Twitter that he agreed a few days ago with Colin M to get those albums remixed in surround (presumably by Steven Wilson) :)

https://twitter.com/xtcfans/status/528283430870855680

These would be great to hear in 5.1 for sure.
When did Andy tweet that as I have xtcfans as one of the ones that I follow once i found out that was Andy P. but somehow missed the tweet you speak of.
Can you post the tweet.

Back