Reality Technologies Surround Master - Info, Questions and Ordering Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So have I!
But I still can't really believe that after all these years, here in the 21st century, we're about to get a proper SQ decoder!

Who would have thought that a top notch SQ decoder would be packaged with a top notch QS decoder as well (I know that probably doesn't do much for you as you are in the UK, but it's still cool).

Who would have thought that a top notch SQ decoder would be packaged with a top notch QS decoder as well (I know that probably doesn't do much for you as you are in the UK, but it's still cool).

That's true, but I'm very much looking forward to playing my QS lp (if only I can find it....!)

Hi Q8

I will not lie to you. We have not started yet as we are really extremely busy on 2 other projects. We stick by our estimated completion of somewhere late April to June. I am hoping Dave can slot it between jobs. I assure you all that we will not release it until we are happy and we will let Rustyandi check it out as a final test.

Regards

Chucky

So how is the SQ decoding coming along?

Hi Q8

I will not lie to you. We have not started yet as we are really extremely busy on 2 other projects. We stick by our estimated completion of somewhere late April to June. I am hoping Dave can slot it between jobs. I assure you all that we will not release it until we are happy and we will let Rustyandi check it out as a final test.

Regards

Chucky

Chucky:

I am sure the wait will be worth it.

Justin

Hi Q8

Regards

Chucky

That's OK with me Chucky, I'm sure we'd all rather have it right rather than quickly (we've waited 40 years, I don't think an extra month or so will matter!). Please just keep us informed of any progress. I'd ultimately like to see some audioscope shots as you've done for the QS decode - running the dynamic tests from the CBS Labs SQ test disc for example.
Cheers.

I just ordered the Surround Master SQ Edition last night. The next few months are going to be tough, but I trust it will be worth the wait.

Yeah I would like an Involve SQ version - no TSS, I mean to say, who only has 2 speakers? I currently have 5 separate quad speaker arrangements, 4 quad receivers and 7 individual decoders, so I (clearly) need this Involve unit, but, need to be on the 'pay later' list. Just ask the Mrs...

Hi, To all of you.
I Placed my order on the per-order page at involved audio last week or so. I can not thank all of the people involved in this project enough! You are bringing to us what some might have said is pure fantasy. Thank you Chucky and the rest at involved audio! JR

Hi Chucky,

I have not been around QQ much the last couple of years and just discovered the various threads on the Surround Master tonight. Very interesting stuff. The proposed SQ edition is of particular interest to me as I do not have decent SQ decoding ability at this time. If you can get the sort of success with SQ that owners of the current unit are reporting with QS, then you will happily sell me a unit as well.

My question is this: is the SQ edition available only by pre-order, or will they be available for a limited time after release? I ask because I'm not the sort of guy who has to own the first one -- rather, I'd like to see some reviews from QQ'ers about the unit's SQ abilities before ordering. (And for the record, I too would prefer a 4.0 QS/SQ unit -- no center channels in this house!)

Mark Z

Hi Callmez

The SQ offer is permanent so there is no rush on ordering . We had a price reduction for early purchasers but that offer is now closed. I share your views (privately not officially) on the center channel it really is the root of all evil.

Regards

Chucky

The SQ offer is permanent so there is no rush on ordering . We had a price reduction for early purchasers but that offer is now closed. I share your views (privately not officially) on the center channel it really is the root of all evil.

Sounds good -- you can put me down in pencil, we'll use the indelible ink whenever the SQ unit is ready. I must have 200-250 SQ LPs sitting here just waiting for such a unit, not to mention the QS and stereo titles.

Mark Z

I guess the price break for members was for the standard one? Makes sense, the SQ is like a "special request" anyway. I can't think of any company doing something so specialized for a small group like the SQ version! Kudos!

The cost of the SQ version is higher than the regular model to start but the discount extended to the SQ unit as well, I got the discount when I made my order. It still cost more than a regular unit, but less than full price for the SQ unit. The price break has since expired though I believe.

And also for all you lucky USA Members
Our Dollar has dropped nearly 10pc
on the US dollar

OK, I had no money then and less now, so.... that's what the credit card is for!

One more question though and apologies if this has already been covered (lots of posts to read through), is this a limited run available only by pre-order, or will it continue to be available at the same price after the pre-order period?

Back