What is your favorite mix on a Quad tape?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadraReel

From my meager collection of Q4's I would have to say the mix on Hayward/ Lodge "Blue Jays"
is one of the best I have listened to. I might be biased because I love this album anyway.

None of that mediocre positioning of certain instruments to just "sit" in that
channel so you get a different instrument (set of instruments) in each speaker.

Sitting in the sweet spot this recording achieves an "invisible headphones" effect at times and
part of music is inside your head with certain elements also dancing around outside your skull
at the same time. That's about the best I can describe this excellent feat of audio engineering
you have to hear it for yourself.

Really amazing. This is what Quadraphonic sound was meant to be.

"All Out"/"Sky Train"/"Solar Strut".

The 3 instrumentals at the end of Edgar Winter's Jasmine Nightdreams LP (on Q8) that form a suite as they segue into one another in one incredible 13-minute epic, chocked full of every Quad trick in the book. Absolute Quad demo material, it's an exceptional mix that kicks total asssssss...!!!!! (y)

"All Out"/"Sky Train"/"Solar Strut".

The 3 instrumentals at the end of Edgar Winter's Jasmine Nightdreams LP (on Q8) that form a suite as they segue into one another in one incredible 13-minute epic, chocked full of every Quad trick in the book. Absolute Quad demo material, it's an exceptional mix that kicks total asssssss...!!!!! (y)

Ah, too bad its only on 8-track

Hugo Montenegro's "Theme from The Godfather" Q4.

Sounds interesting! I will have to try and get a copy. Thanks

Yes there is a unit that was made to take
digital signal to RCA inputs on a home theatre unit
I have used to take RCA out to make a DTS CD

All you need is a DVD player with anaolog outs. Play the DTS CD and connect the quad reel inputs to the DVD players surround outputs. You will not be able to capture any center or LFE channels, but if it's one of the DTS CDs released by DTS Entertainment that was not a newly recorded for 5.1 release (Parsons, Steely Dan, etc) you will be fine.

That would be a lot better
I did not think of that also if you had a SACD player
you could do the same

Quadrareel...It comes on Qudra Disc CD 4 also. Hugo (Medium).jpg

Back