SONY Unveils First Wave of Blu-Ray Pure Audio Releases!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon I have a rather nice BiA Dual Disc which has a nice 5.1 Hi Rez mix on it.

Oops...I think you did mean "Brothers in Arms," yes? I overlooked that the acronym/abbreviations for "Breakfast in America" and "Brother in Arms" would be the same :rolleyes: .

I meant that I want the former in 5.1 as I have the 5.1 SACD import of the latter...bought that one the moment it was released several years back...was just listening to it last night again as a matter of fact...it is a stellar mix, IMHO, and really shows the potential of the format that, to this day, remains so aggravatingly lost what with surround re-issues remaining no more than a small, niche market at best.

Sorry for the confusion...:)

Jon

BiA.. hmm..

Breakfast In America = 2.0 Hi-Rez on HFPA Blu-ray Audio & Jap SHM-SACD (different masterings AFAIK)

Brothers In Arms = 2.0 on SACD (new)

Brothers In Arms = 5.1 (Up-Rezzed?) on both SACD & DVDA DualDisc (same)

:)

No one likes a smartass :)

Mind you I think I am the fool here BiA i was obviously talking Dire Straits rather than Supertramp

I did like the 5.1 mix mind its been a while and may great surround mixes since that was released.

No one likes a smartass :)

Mind you I think I am the fool here BiA i was obviously talking Dire Straits rather than Supertramp

I did like the 5.1 mix mind its been a while and may great surround mixes since that was released.

indeed! I'm just a bit OCD about SACD and not knowing which BiA was which was a Hi-Rez PITA! :p

Bump, have we heard anything yet on release dates and titles?

It'd be even more interesting to see what Warner trotted out. (with Sony it'll be the usual suspects I'm afraid)

True.. it's surprising Warner haven't tested the waters with some standalone BDA's.. and yet here we are 18 months on from Universal's HFPA launch and their BDA releases continue, albeit very slowly, in spite of no promotion, they must be selling or they'd have pulled the plug.. you'd think WEA & Sony might at least throw out a few of their big hitters and audiophile favourites on Blu-ray and see what the response is?

So ah, both Warner and Sony doing anything on the Blu-ray Audio front?

Back