Jean-Marie Geijsen on Hi-Res/Surround Engineering

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting interview posted today on Primephonic's website with veteran engineer Jean-Marie Geijsen, whose work I know most recently from his recordings for Pentatone. (Personally, I don't think anyone these days does orchestral and/or chamber music in surround better than Pentatone and Sono Luminus.)

"Reflections on Hi-Res, Audio, Streaming, and Wagner"

Thanks for sharing, humprof. I do agree that Pentatone, BIS and Sono Luminus are among the very best of classical recordings available today. I just received the newly released Pentatone 5.0 SACD of Nights in the Garden of Spain with Kazuki Yamada conducting Orchestra de la Suisse Romande. Will give it a listen tonight. From reading the liner notes, hard to tell if it was a DSD recording as it just says DDD. Also, Jean~Marie Geijsen was not part of the recording team on this recording. http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=12215

The Yamada/OSR disc is gorgeous but not the most lively of performances. I'd describe it as...............graceful.

Back