Great deal on Telarc/Concord/Fantasy SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Your chance to pick up some Telarc SACD @ greatly discounted prices. From a recent post @ audioasylum.com's "Hi-Rez Highway" forum....

Telarc and Concord Music Group websites are now merged, when you go to Telarc.com and click on "SACD/HI-DEF Audio" and then click on "See all" it takes you to the Concord Music website and shows 1-15 of Telarc's SACDs, next click on "Show All" and the 162 Telarc SACDs on one real long page.

Once you get to the Concord website you can look at the SACDs from Concord and Fantasy also all $13.99 or less. Buy 4 get one free, when you put the 5th SACD in your cart it will read at 0.00 plus if you buy online you get an additional 10% off using code: CMGW2. And on top of that free shipping for orders over $50!

I think I'll pick up some Hiromi, Foreplay, Ray Charles, etc. SACDs.

Your chance to pick up some Telarc SACD @ greatly discounted prices. From a recent post @ audioasylum.com's "Hi-Rez Highway" forum....

I think I'll pick up some Hiromi, Foreplay, Ray Charles, etc. SACDs.

Thanks for the detailed Telarc info.
I was unable to find 2 of the 3 Tierney Sutton SACDs by going directly to the Concord site.

I ordered the 3 Suttons (On the Other Side, Something Cool, Dancing in the Dark), Al Di Meola Consequence of Chaos and Ray Brown Trio Live at the Loa.

May wait until my VISA statement date passes and order another 5 from the Concord label, if I can narrow my choices down that far ;)

On sale PLUS buy-4-get-1-free PLUS 10% off PLUS free shipping over $50 = can't beat that deal anywhere! (That's 5 discs for $50.33 delivered, in my case.)

Los Angeles Guitar Quartet (LAGQ) - Brazil (Guitar Heroes and Latin are just superb)
Al Di Meola - Consequence Of Chaos (Flesh on Flesh is very good)
Monty Alexander, Sly Dunbar & Robbie Shakespeare - Monty Meets Sly And Robbie (on the strength of Rocksteady, and the QQ recommendation)
Robert Lockwood, Jr. - Delta Crossroads (acoustic blues, sounds promising)
Turtle Island String Quartet With Ying Quartet - 4 + Four (what the heck)

I count 9 new CMG releases on SACD in 2008 (all but one classical, but that's still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick -- or what lots of other labels are doing with SACD.)

Mark Z

Folks,

I just discovered that Concord has a promo code VALENTINE that takes 15% off your order. This is IN ADDITION to the free shipping over $50 offer AND the buy 4 get 1 free promotion! The total cost per disc comes to only $9.51! That is the best price I've ever seen and it even beats the end-of-the-year sale they usually have (referenced above).

Since it's a Valentine's Day promotion, I don't expect this to last. Stock up, I sure did!

Have fun!
Josh :)

I thought the Telarc/Concord sale ended at the end of January?

Apparently not! I purchased 15 discs today, got three for free, 15% off, and free shipping. It was not indicated that the Valentine's Day promotion included free shipping and buy 1 get 4 free, only the coupon for 15%.

Stock up!
Josh :)

I just used the VALENTINE promo this morning, still working along with buy 4 get 1 free and free shipping. This is a great deal and Concord is a great record company with selections from the Stax, Fantasy, and Telarc catalogs. If I get a chance before this deal ends, I am going to pick up another 5.

Chris

I just ended up with buy 3 get one free, free S&H, but neither promo code worked. I figger $10.48 each ($8.38 each if I get to count the bonus dvd) is still a great price. Still got a bit greedy and ended up with five selections ...

I can say their search engine sucks. Really had to dig to find these.

Hiroshima The Bridge HUSA9076
Cameron Carpenter Revolutionary (includes Bonus DVD) 60711
Spyro Gyra Wrapped In A Dream HUSA9107
Various Artists Celebrating The Music Of Weather Report 63473

And the winner is ...
Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughan In Session SXSA-7501-6
Seriously looking forward to plopping that one on the platter.

Oh... besides their search engine suffering serious suckage, they lie. The Weather Report compilation isn't SACD ... it's DVD/A, but I can live with that. And just for comparative purposes, CDUniverse is currently listing that one for $19.79 ...

Looks like Valentines day/week has tanked. Good choices Scizo. Have to check out the Cameroon Carpenter SACD myself as I have heard some good things about it.

"Albert King with Stevie Ray Vaughan In Session SXSA-7501-6
Seriously looking forward to plopping that one on the platter."

This is a great SACD. Pity its only stereo.

"they lie. The Weather Report compilation isn't SACD ... it's DVD/A"

Telarc do make a SACD version of this title. I think there is a DVD-A version as well.

Here's what I have in the pipeline at the moment. I did get in for the Valentine promo but no free shipping of course all the way to Oz. $31.00 US. Freight charges are hitting hard now and the Oz $ has slid from 98 cents to 63 cents to the US $ over the last 8 mths.

Hiromi's Sonicbloom Beyond Standard 63686
Spyro Gyra In Modern Times HUSA9061
Spyro Gyra Original Cinema HUSA9074
Spyro Gyra Wrapped In A Dream HUSA9107
Spyro Gyra Good To Go-Go HUSA9127
Los Angeles Guitar Quartet LAGQ Brazil 60686
Los Angeles Guitar Quartet LAGQ: Latin 60593
Los Angeles Guitar Quartet Spin 60647
Hiromi Hiromi's Sonic Bloom: Time Control 63655
Hiromi Another Mind 63558
Hiromi Spiral 63631
Monty Alexander With Ernest Ranglin Rocksteady 63581
Dave Brubeck Private Brubeck Remembers 63605
Ladysmith Black Mambazo Ilembe: Honoring Shaka Zulu HUSA9133
Jaco Pastorius Big Band The Word Is Out! HUSA9110

This should clean up my wish lists around a few sites.

I can say their search engine sucks. Really had to dig to find these.

I think they've changed their website recently, When I place an order in December there was a way to select SACD and it would bring up only and all SACDs (around 250 IIRC).
But I can't seem to do it now, (unless my memory is the problem).

Figure it out, let us know. I ended up trolling thru their entire catalog for "found items". The SRV disc popped out of nowhere ...

Maybe the first time I've ever been accused of having taste ... <G>

Carpenter is awesome. Kinda reminds me of Joe Satriani with keys - not technically perfect, but who the hell cares?! I'd pay good money to see him do "Crushing Day". The bonus dvd lists some closeups where he plays entire left hand passages with his feet.

Interestinger and interesting ... er ...

Bopped back to double check the Weather Report tribute as to what exactly I ordered ... and am just as confused. The stock number matches the link for the SACD but all the fluff details on the page rave on about DVD/A. Yet no link for DVD/A as such ...

http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/albums/Celebrating-The-Music-Of-Weather-Report/

Huh. Can't wait to see what they ship.

I'll probably let my credit card cool down for a bit, but I'm thinking of heading back for another helping of Spyro Gyra ... I swear the only SACD I could find on them earlier was the one I ordered. Ladysmith would have to be pretty amazin' too ... group has incredible vocal range and blending. I looked at LAGQ but not all that familiar with their work.

I think they've changed their website recently, When I place an order in December there was a way to select SACD and it would bring up only and all SACDs (around 250 IIRC).

When I ran into the SACD-search issue a couple of years ago, I expressed my frustration to customer service and they explained how to do it. I don't remember how (just that it didn't seem logical to me), but I DID set up a bookmark for future reference...

http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/search/?Quick_Search=SACD

292 titles as of right now. Have fun shopping!

Mark Z

BOOKMARKED!

Thanx and a tip o'the hat!

You'd think it'd be fairly easy to set up tho. Single record for each title, cross reference the artist, an additional check field for each media type ... search "SACD", slam, bam, thankya maam ...

Harumph ... I wonder if they sort their customer database on the middle initial? <G>

Best way to find them all is the link in Post #13, then pick "Show All".
You can scroll down looking for the $5.98 price.

I had no trouble picking out 11

Best way to find them all is the link in Post #13, then pick "Show All".
You can scroll down looking for the $5.98 price.

I had no trouble picking out 11

Wow, some great SACD deals there! If Surround fans are missing some of the $5.98 titles, I'd jump on this.

Also, sound clips of the Telarc & Heads Up albums are over at the Telarc web site. And I have write-ups on the SACD Surround editions of many of these over at http://www.highfidelityreview.com

Thanx for the heads up!
Since funds are scarce I only got 4 MC SACDs;
-Brecker Bros. Some Skunk Funk
2x Michel Camilo -Rhapsody in blue and Spirit of the Moment
-Hiromi-Brain

I scored both Al DiMeola ones recently (along with Pat Metheny's Imaginary day) for less than 50 Euros from jpc.de , thanks to a 5 Euro discount I got for being a former customer...
The only Di Meola one on sale at Telarc is "Consequence..." though..

BTW, I didn't know that Steely Dan's "We don't need no stinkin´EQ" Roger Nichols recorded Flesh on Flesh (Where's the poll for that one??)

I picked up 25 or so SACD's with this sale despite the fact I already owned a bunch of the Concord Group SACD's. I am afraid this is likely the end of the line for Concord/Telarc/Fantasy/Heads Up SACD despite the fact I don't recall an official announcement of an exit from the market. There is no way to sell SACD for $5.45 delivered profitably and I don't expect better prices than this while Concord liquidates the remaining inventory over the next year or two. In my opinion there are a whole bunch of must have titles here.

Chris

Back