2 NOT well know quad Lps on ebay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
:alienrob: :alienrob: :alienrob: :alienrob:

Here are 2 quad Lps on the ESP label ! (again is it really quad as it's stated something like "quad by adding a third speaker... "). Does anyone really knows if the ESP quads are REALLY quads ???? On those 2 items it's written "stereo compatible quad" on the back covers !!!! There are much more on the ESP label.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4016459788&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4016459587&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

I have an ESP album with similar quad info but it's only stereo.And I can't find it listed in any Goldmine book.

Soesbeout

soesbeout said:
I have an ESP album with similar quad info but it's only stereo.And I can't find it listed in any Goldmine book.

Soesbeout

:alienrob: (y) (y) (y) (y) :alienrob:
Here's the other notes I have on one of their Lps inner sleeve ! I think it needs MORE checking and listening.

Attachments

• ESP02.JPG
    ESP02.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
soesbeout said:

Soesbeout

:alienrob: (y) (y) (y) (y) :bounce
Me again, the scan of the label you sent is to small so here's the scan of what should be written on your Fugs... label (by the way that's a very expensive item for some Fugs collectors), these were the good old days :

Attachments

• ESP01.JPG
    ESP01.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 131
Lets try the label again , as you can see the quad info is there but I have not tried to decode it yet. I have had this album for about 20 years.

Soesbeout

soesbeout said:
Lets try the label again , as you can see the quad info is there but I have not tried to decode it yet. I have had this album for about 20 years.

Soesbeout

(y) (y) (y) (y)

Do let us know after listening to it if it's quad ! THANKS !!!!. By the way if anyone will be searching these ESP items don't go by the catalog number only as rereleases on the italian 'Base' label have the same numbers and as far as I can remember none of them do have any 'quad....' writing. The USA releases have the 'quad' written either on the label and/OR the cover and, maybe only one, on the inner sleeve. Also some had only a sticker with the 'quad....' writing, and many of those stickers got lost by the years. The Cromagnon Lp has been rerelease in Germany few years back with still the 'quad' writing and 180 gr vinyl, different number. Beware also of the music on many of them, sort of weird, even horrible sometimes, some are OK and some have only one or 2 tracks worth the listen. And of course some with the SAME NUMBER do NOT have any 'quad' writing, just stereo or mono writing.

Judging by the language used, it's not quad. They were just trying to cash in on quad without the investment.

The Quadfather

kvadro said:
(y) (y) (y) (y)

Do let us know after listening to it if it's quad ! THANKS !!!!. By the way if anyone will be searching these ESP items don't go by the catalog number only as rereleases on the italian 'Base' label have the same numbers and as far as I can remember none of them do have any 'quad....' writing. The USA releases have the 'quad' written either on the label and/OR the cover and, maybe only one, on the inner sleeve. Also some had only a sticker with the 'quad....' writing, and many of those stickers got lost by the years. The Cromagnon Lp has been rerelease in Germany few years back with still the 'quad' writing and 180 gr vinyl, different number. Beware also of the music on many of them, sort of weird, even horrible sometimes, some are OK and some have only one or 2 tracks worth the listen. And of course some with the SAME NUMBER do NOT have any 'quad' writing, just stereo or mono writing.

OOPS

Out of Phase Stereo

All stereo discs have a certain amount of "hidden" audio that shorting across the positive audio outlets can reveal.

Also know as the Hafler Effect et al

A Web search should enlighten thee.

The latest mention to the OOPS effect on vinyl was a 1983 LP that even showed how to connect the 3rd speaker or an optional 2 rear speakers. Forgot the artist's name.... one of hundreds of LPs I sold on eBay a few years ago.

There are "decoders" available to extract the OOPS info. You can spot them easily because they have no power cord!!!

PS: Had that Fugs LP on the Broadsie label... the original release. It included the 2nd pocket in the cover with the insert in excellent condition. Along with all the other rare LPs I had amassed over the decades it was sold to pay for college.

Sniff.

It was fun owning rare and semi-rare stuff in great condition but it was also fun seing those hundred dollar bills flood in!!!!!!!

Back