4.0 to 4.1 Easiest Way to Add LFE channel to Quad (4.0) mix?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghalteman

I have loads of 4.0 FLAC files with silent center and silent LFE channels. Some of the titles could use some bass boost. Without going into Adobe Audition and deriving an LFE channel from all four channels, is there a quick remixing program that will generate and replace the silent LFE with a functional LFE at a proper volume ? The Music Media Helper program I have can't do that.

I have loads of 4.0 FLAC files with silent center and silent LFE channels. Some of the titles could use some bass boost. Without going into Adobe Audition and deriving an LFE channel from all four channels, is there a quick remixing program that will generate and replace the silent LFE with a functional LFE at a proper volume ? The Music Media Helper program I have can't do that.
I would just add the boost on playback. You could add bass boost to the main channels with Audition as well, easier than creating a separate lfe channel.

My old Yamaha AVRs have a bass management function to double the front content to the LFE.
Listen to a lot of stereo that way, currently Frank Zappa Petit Wazoo at Winterland 1972.

For quad that has bass in the rear channels, I rely on full-range speakers & tone control if necessary.

Your mileage may vary.

I wouldn't bother adding a channel to a file, just get some form of DSP and use a low-pass filter to create a .1

The Music Media Helper program I have can't do that.
What version of MMH do you have? I've done this for a long time using the menu option here. Simple and quick.

1709755012309.png

Back