Aerosmith’s Career-Spanning ‘Greatest Hits’ Collection Due Out August 18th, 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess...it will be compressed....Aerosmith doesn't have a good track record....if you wanted their hits I would think about this because some of their CD's end up like this
If the DR value didn’t go below 10, it wouldn’t be too bad, but it seems this won’t be the case so, I can’t get me none of that. :LOL:

I'm laughing...because we all know it will be compressed to hell and back.
The best part will be if you’re waiting to find out if that’s the case, once you find out, then *poof!* they’re all gone forever.

Nothing from the wonderful "Night in the Ruts" the final album for a while with Joe Perry. Nothing from "Rock and a Hard Place" which has the (previous) concert regular "Lighting Strikes".

A long recording period missing here. But 5 songs from each of the best big early albums is nice.

The best part will be if you’re waiting to find out if that’s the case, once you find out, then *poof!* they’re all gone forever.
That would be just fine. Not much of a loss I guess. We all have literally oodles of this material collecting dust over the years. Of course, if someone of eqaul talent as Steven Wilson could do some work on this stuff...even in stereo...that would be a no brainer.

One can hope
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 7.00.07 am.png

I often wonder how much value someone over 70 with undoubted hearing loss could add to a remixing or remastering session? What is he hearing that the guy next to him isn't?

No offence to the forums septuagenarians :love:
I have to admit I never thought of myself as a septuagenarian before. :unsure:
Guess I was inducted several years ago, lol.

As to what Steven Tyler is hearing that someone else doesn't, surely you can't be serious? No one knows.

I often wonder how much value someone over 70 with undoubted hearing loss could add to a remixing or remastering session? What is he hearing that the guy next to him isn't?

No offence to the forums septuagenarians :love:
When I saw that picture all I could think about is how many 70+ artists/bands are way past their expiration dates. They would have scoffed at the idea of rock stars that old when they were young.

When I saw that picture all I could think about is how many 70+ artists/bands are way past their expiration dates. They would have scoffed at the idea of rock stars that old when they were young.
Yes, in the world of rock stars. But how many artists are/were still kicking it out in their 70's? A little mixed perhaps. Wayne Shorter, Springsteen, Dolly Parton, Elton, Clapton, ...

Disc 2, between about tracks 10 and 11 is where I "Draw the Line". 😉
I stop with Draw The Line also. I thought they lost the "special sauce" after the first 4 albums and never got it back. They were one of my favorite bands in my teen years. Having the first 4 albums is essential, after that, your mileage may vary.

Back