Al Di Meola: Morocco Fantasia Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just out this week. Al Di Meola and the World Sinfonia performing live in Morocco. World music of the highest order. Performance - 10, Sound (DTS HD MA lossless 5.1) - 10, Audio Content - 10. You could have knocked me over with a feather - this BD release via Inakustic is a top tier BD audio title (there is video of course but that's superfluous). One of the best live mixed BD's I've heard (and I have an extensive collection). This is Al at his most ferocious best. Both acoustic and electric with Gypsy, Andalusian, Middle Eastern touches. The World Sinfonia band features relatively unknown (at least in the Western World) players of the highest order. Most noticeable is the playing of accordionist, Fausto Beccalossi. He is not your typical, "Lady of Spain Killers" player but a versatile keyboard, vocalist/whistler who adds wonderful exotic flavors to the music - he is a master of his instrument. Fabulous stuff that should not be missed.

On a secondary note, the PQ of this disc is rather uneven, yet the passion and musicianship on display more than makes up for this - highly recommended.

Not many are into this stuff, like RTF and other educated musicians that not many pay attention to.
also have RTF BD the Montreux show/reunion, Electric band, and other Dimeola stuff. Look forward to this one with great anticipation.

Not many are into this stuff, like RTF and other educated musicians that not many pay attention to.
also have RTF BD the Montreux show/reunion, Electric band, and other Dimeola stuff. Look forward to this one with great anticipation.

Yeah - I know. I always feel like a bit of a cheerleader when it comes to this stuff. I can't imagine why anyone would pass this up - it's not free form jazz filled with dissonance - just a tremendous display of passionate musicianship.

Performance 10, Sound (DTS HD MA lossless 5.1) - 10, Audio Content - 10. You could have knocked me over with a feather - this BD release via Inakustic is a top tier BD audio title (there is video of course but that's superfluous). One of the best live mixed BD's I've heard.

I have some excellent live audio with crowd ambience in rears and some with instruments in rears. How is the mix handled?

Yeah - I know. I always feel like a bit of a cheerleader when it comes to this stuff. I can't imagine why anyone would pass this up - it's not free form jazz filled with dissonance - just a tremendous display of passionate musicianship.

I don't get it either, RTF was the music that the musicians we listened to in the 70's were into, I was listening to Tull, and they were listening to RTF. I was turned on to them in 74. Been after it since. Like you said it's not free form and all composed, and with use of the basic 3 piano, bass and drums, and toss in some rock influence, I really think it's too intelligent for some. like I said intelligent, educated, talented musicians. I too get passionate over it. and that's ok!

I have some excellent live audio with crowd ambience in rears and some with instruments in rears. How is the mix handled?
The mix is immersive - very little crowd noise at all - just after the end of each song (a very polite audience - clearly NOT American). The soundstage is very wide with clear positions for each instrument. The rears are active and not just with ambience. The bottom end is deep and warm without being overpowering - a great live mix - one of my faves.

Thanks for letting me know this was available.

Back