Anne Murray "I'll Be Seeing You" DualDisc (DVD-A)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
by the time it's shipped from any of those Amazon US sellers it's £9 international shipping + whatever the disc costs which is about £10 minimum, so £20 at least, not pennies for anyone outside of the USA. so I just bought it on Amazon UK for £10.. from a seller that is based in the US anyway so it won't be here til after Christmas! :mad:@: still I'm thankful to Gmat25 for the reminder about this disc, I knew about it years ago but forgot all about it in the interim! :eek:

I'm hopeful that a few members were able to secure a copy. After sending my initial review a couple of days ago I noticed that the Amazon marketplace prices have jumped up into the $40 plus. Oh well.

I managed to grab one for $5 or so after reading your review. Phew. Anne Murray was a favorite of my dad's, I found it pleasant, while not quite my style.

Really glad to here a couple of QQ members picked it up. I have been trying to get as many surround discs as I can - whether they are DVDA, SACD, DTS, Bluray, or Dualdiscs. Its an adventure :)

Really glad to here a couple of QQ members picked it up. I have been trying to get as many surround discs as I can - whether they are DVDA, SACD, DTS, Bluray, or Dualdiscs. Its an adventure :)

Here's another member that wants to thank you too! I have one shipped on the way to me now. I beleive i got the last cheap one from amazon at a couple of bucks. Thanks to members like you and Fredblue, I am really filling in my surround collection!

This is a treat. Easy Listening at its finest. Anne's voice is magic; it just draws you in. I found myself getting impatient with the mid-song instrumental sections because she wasn't singing. Her voice is like no other and wonderful to listen to but I find it is her phrasing that really makes listening to her special. She becomes another instrument in the band. So musical.

The mix is discrete and well done. The fidelity is what you'd expect from a dvd-a.

Here's another member that wants to thank you too! I have one shipped on the way to me now. I beleive i got the last cheap one from amazon at a couple of bucks. Thanks to members like you and Fredblue, I am really filling in my surround collection!

Hmph. I've ordered two different copies...both were Canadian CDs (not DualDiscs), the first with some kind of copy protection and the second without. I'm going to pout now.

Well I'm lucky that I did get the correct dualdisc and I got to listen to it today.

Very well recorded easy listening music. I think the mix is very tasteful, conservative, and matches the music and opens it up. Having said that, at first listen her versions of these standards do not immediately grab me. I liked her singles I heard on the radio way back when and perhaps enjoy her older material more (I'm thinking Snowbird). Anyone would have a hard time competing with Mama Cass's version of Dream a Little Dream of Me and Judy's Over the Rainbow.
Also this dualdisc is kind of spartan when it comes to extras. No lyrics, no videos, no photo gallery or notes about the songs and why she selected them. But you get the music recorded very well.
I'm glad I got it and will be listening to it more.

Back