Anyone need QX4000 parts?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopperCharles

I gutted a Pioneer QX4000 in order to save two other receivers, and I'm putting some parts up for grabs in case anyone needs something to get their receiver working.

It's got a completely recapped amplifier board. Will work on either left or right, but it was on the right. Not sure what the problem was, it was bass-heavy on the right front channel. Swapping input leads (right rear and right front) did not make a difference, it was still bass heavy from the right front speaker. Will include a spare power transistor just in case that's what's wrong with it. $20 (I doubt it though, voltage measured the same on all four transistors, probably something else)

Amplifier board that was "repaired" by someone who wasn't very careful. There was nothing wrong with the board, but the guy i asked to take a look at it decided to just try randomly replacing parts until he found what was wrong. So, all four power transistors have been replaced, and at least two are blown (I'm guessing the wrong part?). One trace was pulled up, and the soldering job underneath is just a mess. Kept blowing protection fuses, rear channel transistors shorted to ground. Front aren't, but it blew protection fuses too. (and you know what was wrong with the receiver? A tiny diode on the muting board. Figured it out myself, and cost me a whopping 23 cents.). Anyhow, will take $10 for the board.

Tuner board. AM worked fine, but FM did not. The signal meter never moved and i never got one sound out of it, other than a low hiss which didn't change pitch or sound one iota through the entire sweep of the frequency range. Signal meter for AM worked fine, and AM reception was good. $10

Front face (bezel, whatever). The big hunk of glass and aluminum on the front. Shiny with all lettering in good shape. $25

I may part with a few other boards or parts inside, and maybe some pots, knobs, or switches, but I want to keep some spares around for my two good QX4000 tuners. I'm not trying to make a killing here, but I paid $90 (with shipping) for this receiver, and would like to recover some of that if i could. Speaking of shipping, shipping charges are not included in the above prices.

Charles.

Hi Charles,

is your offer still available? I'm looking for a function selector switch + knob and a mode switch + knob for my Pioneer qx-4000.

Thanks
Lorant

Back