Anyone own Enoch Light's "Movie Hits"?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Generally, I get excited if I see an Enoch Light quad Project 3 album in the used bins, because even if I don't care for the music, I know he's going to do some sort of funky quad mix. Usually.

Last weekend, I picked up "Movie Hits" (PR 5063 QD). This album doesn't appear in Mark Anderson's quad discography, but it does appears on the QQ Project 3 page as a QS release (no other quad formats). I decoded it with my AA QS script, and was underwhelmed. There are only a couple of spots in the whole album where something appears in the rear channels that is not duplicated in the front channels. It's not exactly double stereo, but it's somewhat like running the QS script on a standard stereo album. I checked the trail-off area, and it does show the "QD" in the serial number. And it does have a "4-channel stereo" sticker on the cover.

As a test, I put it though my 4DD-5, but the CD-4 radar light did not come on. As a second test, I decoded the album with an SQ script, and it sounded exactly the same as the QS script!

Is anyone else familiar with this album? Do all of them sound like this?

J. D.

I have that Album
It is either EV4 or QS
I played it through the QSD1 and it decodes as a full surround Disc
There are rear solo's
French Connection track the trumpet solo at the end
goes round all the channels
Like all Enoch Light LPs
You get full Surround
Ron

Back