Asia in Asia Bluray part of a Deluxe Edition announced at Burning Shed.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CINERAMAX

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Sponsor
A deluxe (2LP, 2CD, Blu-Ray) boxset of Asia In Asia-Live At The Budokan, 1983 featuring remastered audio, colour vinyl and exclusive memorabilia.

Showcasing the short-lived line-up of Geoff Downes (Yes), Steve Howe (Yes), Greg Lake (ELP) and Carl Palmer (ELP), this incredible performance was the first live broadcast between Japan and MTV and has only ever been released on VHS.

Pre-order for June 10 release. Comes with exclusive signed Roger Dean postcard.

Asia

I have a stereo dvd (now watching) a great performance, I preordered it but worry about the PQ and also wonder if they will provide a surround mix.

Last edited:
LOUSY QC, deffo not any of the QQ lads who do THE BEST QC EVER!!!!
IMO the box with the proper sync is prob worth £60-70 - definitely not £100. With the sync issue they’re really into Gonzo Multimedia territory which is a real shame because they’ve done a great job on the previous sets.

IMO the box with the proper sync is prob worth £60-70 - definitely not £100. With the sync issue they’re really into Gonzo Multimedia territory which is a real shame because they’ve done a great job on the previous sets.
wow!!!
100GBP!
what a shame.. I would have ordered it if it had had a MCH mix...it was one of the first concerts in video...my friend Tere's brother recorded it for me from the original MTV broadcast, and it was such a thrill to see snippets of ELP's "Pictures at an exhibition" during the Greg Lake interview... and Greg did a fabbo job; I also liked his clanky Alembic bass sound better than JW's low humming noise, which was not his usual bass sound... I may say I was a bit disappointed because JW was not playing but, hey...

wow!!!
100GBP!
what a shame.. I would have ordered it if it had had a MCH mix...it was one of the first concerts in video...my friend Tere's brother recorded it for me from the original MTV broadcast, and it was such a thrill to see snippets of ELP's "Pictures at an exhibition" during the Greg Lake interview... and Greg did a fabbo job; I also liked his clanky Alembic bass sound better than JW's low humming noise, which was not his usual bass sound... I may say I was a bit disappointed because JW was not playing but, hey...
Greg does a great job in the circumstances. It’s often commented how he’s using a teleprompter but I’ll give him a pass on that given he was a new member playing a TV simulcast.

The band are full of energy and the remixed audio is really good… but you can get it on CD for £12 which is a massive difference from £100.

130 gbp landed here.

Will Burning Shed issue refunds?

Greg does a great job in the circumstances. It’s often commented how he’s using a teleprompter but I’ll give him a pass on that given he was a new member playing a TV simulcast.

The band are full of energy and the remixed audio is really good… but you can get it on CD for £12 which is a massive difference from £100.

It is a great concert on CD .... once you get past the first song (Time Again) which is in mono, and also sounds awful. Surprised a better sounding source wasn't found for this track.

Back