Automobile CD Player with Digital Out

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeshannon

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Does anyone know of any car CD players that have either a coax or toslink digital out? I've been tossing around the idea of playing DTS multichannel disks in the car.

I read a couple of articles about how to add a toslink connector to a car CD player and how to make a CD-ROM computer drive a CD player for a car. Thought there must be someone making one with the digital output already on the player.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the idea. I hadn't thought of a unit like this. The price is certainly right. It doesn't specify whether or not it has a digital output, though, but if it did, all those extra features would enhance my application.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the idea. I hadn't thought of a unit like this. The price is certainly right. It doesn't specify whether or not it has a digital output, though, but if it did, all those extra features would enhance my application.

Thanks again.
The just-discontinued model had Toslink out. This may be more convenient as you only need to connect it to a power amp.

Yes and I took your approach and found this one

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=72200&i=689DP771&tp=246

It has the coax digital out as well as the 12 volt car power adapter. With those two features and the price ($119, free shipping, no tax) this is the best way to go.

Thanks for helping me think outside the box. I was looking for a traditional in-dash CD player with digital out. Your idea meets the same need with additional features for a lower price.

BTW, I plan to run the digital signal to my old Sony home theater receiver powered by an inverter.

Thanks again.

Send pictures!

The old Sherwood decoder (X-DTS80) might accept the coax out of this player and it's 12V. Check ebay.

Yes and I took your approach and found this one

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=72200&i=689DP771&tp=246

It has the coax digital out as well as the 12 volt car power adapter. With those two features and the price ($119, free shipping, no tax) this is the best way to go.

Thanks for helping me think outside the box. I was looking for a traditional in-dash CD player with digital out. Your idea meets the same need with additional features for a lower price.

BTW, I plan to run the digital signal to my old Sony home theater receiver powered by an inverter.

Thanks again.

Back