Does an Oasis "SOTSOG" SACD actually exist?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Back when SACD was strictly 2-channel, I thought there was supposed to be an SACD of the Oasis album "Standing on the Shoulder of Giants"? But I never actually saw one, I don't think.

So I am wondering if it ever really existed or if it was only one of those announcements that never actually came to fruition (like "Heathen Chemistry").

According to allmusic.com, it exists but with the same catalog number as the CD. I couldn't find anything on SA-CD.net or anywhere else for that matter so I am doubtful to say the least. My conclusion is no, it was never released.

Chris

No doubt!!! :)

Thanks guys. I was leaning toward no, too, but thought I'd throw it out there.

It's too bad we never got that "Heathen Chemistry" in surround. It might not have been destined to be "demo" quality, but if they could've at least made it better than the SACD of WTSMG, I'd have been happy. (Though, I'd have preferred a surround release of SOTSOG---one of my favorite albums---not that it was ever listed as multichannel, but I digress.) Oasis is one of my favorite bands. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Back