Donald Fagen-Morph the Cat - DVD-A Release???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is news to me!

You bet that I am going to look into this one:cool:

One of my all time favorite artists:smokin

Donald Fagin of Steely Dan and solo fame will have his latest, Morph the Cat released in several ways. You'll find the disc in the standard CD as well as a CD/DVD combo special Edition. Both will be released on March 7 from Reprise Records.

from www.musictap.net

Jon, as usual, thanks for the legwork(y)

Once again to start the year, I have something to look forward to:banana:

Let's just hope it's what we THINK it is, and not just a "SUPER SATURATED STEREO" deal....................... :(

JonUrban said:
Let's just hope it's what we THINK it is, and not just a "SUPER SATURATED STEREO" deal....................... :(
Elliot Scheiner is behind the boards on this one. And apparently, on his website (which I haven't seen first-hand, nor can I find it), it lists a "Donald Fagen 5.1 project" among the things he's working on now. I'd assume that's this album.

Now whether the CD/DVD combo will be that, or perhaps like the last Dan record (where the DVD included was just the "Steely Dan Confessions" video, and the DVD-A was released seperately), I have no idea.

Last edited:
Nevermind, I found it: http://www.elssurround.com/Scheiner_Bio.pdf

However, note that among his "current projects" is R.E.M.'s New Adventures In Hi-Fi, which came out quite awhile ago. Which makes me wonder if perhaps his "Donald Fagan" [sic] project might have been the DVD-A for Nightfly or Kamakiriad.

At any rate, if there's a 5.1 mix in the works, I'm sure Scheiner is the man doing it, and I'm sure it'll be every bit as good (and real) as his other Fagen/SD ones.

Well, I just bought tickets for his Boston concert, and I noticed that it's sponsored by the ELS Surround Sound System in the Acura TL!! So, I would be pretty sure that the release will be a true DVD-A.

Woo Hoo!

The album will be made available as both a CD and a CD/DVD in high-resolution audio and 5.1 Surround Sound.

Rhino
they have this listed over there anybody know anything about it?

Fagen’s second solo album -- released in 1993, 11 years after The Nightfly -- brings cocktail-mellow future grooves to the adventures of a man and his car, a brand new Kamakiri. Bonus features include a photo gallery, a behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the album, plus videos for “Snowbound” and “Tomorrow’s Girls.”

This DVD-Audio release has been mixed from the original multitrack master tapes to create the best, most dynamic sound possible. Complete with stereo and surround sound mixes (both standard and audiophile advanced resolution quality), along with bonus video, text, and still imagery content, this disc is playable in any DVD player.
from there web sight

Back