Everything Everything - Mountainhead - Dolby Atmos Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon M

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Everything Everything are one of my favourite bands and they released a new album 'Mountainhead' today. The CD turned up earlier and while reading the booklet I noticed credits for a Dolby Atmos mix! I've not seen this mentioned anywhere else, so naturally I went looking for it. It's on Apple Music, but I'm not sure if it's exclusive. I've never been a fan of Apple so I don't have Apple Music. I see that they do a free trial, but the app isn't available on the Amazon Firestick and I'm not sure how else I could stream it in 5.1, I assume I could download the app on a normal PC or do I need a Mac? Also, is Apple Music streaming only or can you download stuff?

For the folks that have access to Apple Music I would love to hear any feedback on the mix if anyone has heard it...

I'd guess that most people here have never heard of Everything Everything, they are a bit of an acquired taste, but I'd highly recommend giving them a go. Here's a link to a video they released today to go with the album. Not particularly representative but check out the back catalogue, it is great...

I did like the new album, been a fan since the last album Raw Data Feel. I didn't know there was an atmos mix, will definitely take a look at it. Cheers for the heads up!

Raw Data Feel is a great album! Please report back on the Atmos mix if you get to to hear it, I would love to know if it's worth jumping through the Apple hoops to hear it. After a bit more research I see that you can download the Atmos mixes on Apple Music, do you know what format are they in?

There has been no mention of an Atmos mix on any of the publicity that I've seen for the new album, it's a real shame that it's not more widely available. I think Everything Everything would easily shift a few thousand Blu-rays. Maybe it's another one for @PaulatSDE to take a look at...

Last edited:
Everything Everything are one of my favourite bands and they released a new album 'Mountainhead' today. The CD turned up earlier and while reading the booklet I noticed credits for a Dolby Atmos mix! I've not seen this mentioned anywhere else, so naturally I went looking for it. It's on Apple Music, but I'm not sure if it's exclusive. I've never been a fan of Apple so I don't have Apple Music. I see that they do a free trial, but the app isn't available on the Amazon Firestick and I'm not sure how else I could stream it in 5.1, I assume I could download the app on a normal PC or do I need a Mac? Also, is Apple Music streaming only or can you download stuff?

For the folks that have access to Apple Music I would love to hear any feedback on the mix if anyone has heard it...

I'd guess that most people here have never heard of Everything Everything, they are a bit of an acquired taste, but I'd highly recommend giving them a go. Here's a link to a video they released today to go with the album. Not particularly representative but check out the back catalogue, it is great...

It's only recently become available.

I really like them, but to me it seems nothing they can do will beat Man Alive from 2010. Severely underrated album, in my opinion!

Back