Fisher 534 Quadraphonic CD-4 SQ Receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Challenger

Hello all! I am new to the forum, but not a newbie in the Stereo and Quadraphonic world. I bought the Fisher 534 back in the early-mid 70's, and used it constantly for a few years. I don't think it has been fired up in about 25 years. I was a running a quad set of JVC two-way speakers with the combo.

Those were leftovers from a JVC quadraphonic receiver I gave to my son a long time ago. He really coveted that little JVC! I was a CD-4 fan because of the highly discrete four channel effect of that format. I had that paired with a BSR 710 "Transcription" turntable and Pickering UV2400Q (I'm going on memory here for the Pickering CD-4 cartridge). I do remember the cartridge cost around $150.00 in the mid 70's. Think about that in today's dollars:eek: I also used a couple sets of Koss Quadraphonic headphones...no such thing as the crop of cheapie cell phone/MP3 player headsets and earbuds... The Koss Quad headphones were very expensive also.

My experience in this world consists of about 40 years as a Communications Technician with college, Technical Schools, Navy, and 34 plus years in the Communications, Satellite and Computers fields as a Retailer and Technician. If I can help anyone from an experience or technical level, I would be glad to do so.

I have had my interest "repeaked" concerning quadraphonics after studying some items online and coming across this forum. One thing I would like; if anyone has a manual on the Fisher 534, or similar model, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Sincerely, Bill (Florida)
CHALLENGER

PS: Challenger is my CB and Ham Radio handle dating back into the 70's.

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of folks around here have similar experiences to yours. We're not the most talkative group, not a lot of chit-chat goes on here, but tweak someone's intrest and you're sure to find some activity.

Who knows, maybe someone has a Fisher manual. Let's see!

Yo Bill,
What a fortunate post. I just picked up a Fisher 534 on e-bay. You don't remember any specs on it like power output per channel or the like do you? Any info you have would be very welcome.
Thanks, the Wiz

Back