• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: My beloved 1969 Les Paul goldtop Deluxe

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
My dear friends and Quaddies;
In lieu of recent events, like me no longer holding a job(i.e., getting fired) because of having surgery, I am parting with my classic Gibson Les Paul Deluxe , goldtop from 1969.

Since I consider this Forum to be my "home" on the internet because you guys and gals are the nicest and most professional of any group I've ever belonged to, I will start offering it here before I try to sell it on flea bay.

You can see it "in action" in my "one Man Band-I can't explain" video on youtube.

Here is the "blurb":
I got it way back in 1983 and it had been played quite a bit by then.
In 2006, I took it to Aaron , a Luthier who used to work at the Gibson Kalamazoo, MI plant; and after it closed he opened his own shop and has had it for years in Vicksburg, MI (just Google aaronsmusicservice and you'll find it-he manufactures "Heritage" acoustic guitars).
He did a wonderful (you can also say incredible , amazing, etc.) job of repainting the body, replacing the neck, refretting it, and even seamlessly transplanting the "Gibson" mother of pearl logo and the ""Les Paul model" part to the new headstock. He also replaced the tailpiece, bridge, finger rest bracket, control knobs and tuning pegs.
He even SHIELDED the electronics cover so it's way quieter than normal Les Pauls!!!
-he did replace the pots, though...

For those who may be wondering , the serial no. was 104020 with a "Made in USA" underneath, both stamped on the back of the headstock-this is how I know that it's a 1969 model, because Gibson only manufactured Deluxe Goldtops in '69

I also post the receipt from his work to be as transparent as possible (just ignore the "assemble bass" part of it-that was the other great job he did for me).
I am positive that he'd confirm his work if you got in touch with him (especially if you show him the receipt).
The only imperfection is 2 small blemishes on the back of the guitar-as for the rest, it's as if it were new or even better!!! .
Aaron even consulted another fellow Gibson Luthier for the correct "Goldtop" color, just to make sure it was the correct one.
It comes in a new guitar case since the original one was falling apart (Aaron also got it for me, check the receipt).

This is the kind of instrument that you keep for a lifetime (or until you have an situation like mine) and is well worth the investment!!!
As it is, Aaron's work was more than $1000!!! (and may I add, worth every penny!)

The guitar has the original pickups and has the sweet tone and endless sustain that these Les Pauls have-I usually string it with a .010" string set."

Needless to say , the neck is straight as an arrow and the action is a beauty!!!!

OK, so here it is.....I am letting it go for € 2,000 EUR (with case , of course).

Regarding S&H, European buyers stand a better chance. In any case, it'd have to be sent by courier service , since it's too large for Spanish Post delivery.

Of course , more photos are available upon request...

I hope it finds a loving home...

Cheers,

kap'n krunch

:smokin

(PLEASE PM ME)

DSCN1021a.jpgDSCN1046.jpg

Very nice, I had a 61 (if I remember right) goldtop but sold it a few years back. I needed some $$$ to get my dream guitar, a Martin D-45 Koa, I bought it from the Martin factory so I had to wait about 4 or 5 months for it, it was worth it. The Martins in my climate control room now in the case. oh...yes I do play it quite a bit but it never leaves the house.....

Sorry you have to let it go, kap'n.

I have emailed my son in Minneapolis to see if he would be interested.

Doug

Back