From The Front Row... Live! DVD-A - Anyone heard these?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolerking101

QQ Supporter
Apparently this is a series of multichannel, DVD-A's of live recordings of bands from the early 2000s. Recordings by Iggy Pop and the Stiff Little Fingers have my interest. I'm wondering if anyone has any of these specific recordings or any of the DVDs in this series and can comment on how good (or bad) the production and surround quality is?

https://www.discogs.com/label/749105-From-The-Front-Row-Live!

I heard the April Wine disc. Their version of 21st Century Schizoid Man on it is pretty good.

Apparently this is a series of multichannel, DVD-A's of live recordings of bands from the early 2000s. Recordings by Iggy Pop and the Stiff Little Fingers have my interest. I'm wondering if anyone has any of these specific recordings or any of the DVDs in this series and can comment on how good (or bad) the production and surround quality is?

https://www.discogs.com/label/749105-From-The-Front-Row-Live!
I bought Rick Wakeman, and it was a complete turd. It sounded like someone had hidden a cassete deck in their girlfriend’s purse (don’t ask me how I know). Listened once, then got rid of it.

Most of them, if not all suck booty :rolleyes: if you can get them sssssssssssuper cheap, back in the day you could buy them in lots for like under a dollar each (average) new - the DVD-Audio cases as replacements were worth it:LB

Truth. There was a place here, maybe a Media Play, I forget, that had a ton of these for $1. Mostly the same titles over and over. I bought about 20 of them, threw the discs and graphics out, and kept the DVD-A cases to replace broken ones I have of good stuff.

Definitely stay away from these at all costs. One of the major reasons DVD-A failed was that these were the only discs left in the bin when the good stuff sold, and people who tried them thought the format sucked, but it was the material

Back