Genesis MC releases delayed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sqdave1975 said:
According to the official Genesis website's forum at http://hit.demonhosting.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi/

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway SACD/DVD-A, originally slated for release in May has now been delayed until September. There's no mention of A Trick Of The Tail release date.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Grrr...! :mad: I was REALLY looking forward to these, and on top of it all I told my brother-in-law he could hold onto my CD in anticipation of these arriving...I hope this doesn't keep getting pushed out...

JonUrban said:
Suprise, Suprise, Suprise. :(
Really.. :rolleyes: I used to get really excited when I found out a group or solo act I really liked, (Steely Dan, Genesis, Rush, Talking Heads, etc.) are going to be releasing stuff in 5.1. Now the most emotion I can muster is; "Yeah, that'll be nice when, or if it happens." The wind has really been taken out of my "hi-rez sails" lately. I hope it is just my enthusiasm that is waning and not the industry's itself, but it does seem to me, on the surface anyway, that they have been pulling back on the reigns a little. Oh well, I'll take what I can get when I can get it. Ok, I'll stop with the metaphors and cute little sayings now. Sorry. :)

In all fairness, they delayed it to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the album's release. Maybe this means Trick will be released first????

mdphunk said:
In all fairness, they delayed it to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the album's release. Maybe this means Trick will be released first????

from genesis-music.com:

Wednesday, 8th September 2004
The release of the SACD version of 'The Lamb' has been delayed as a result of changes required by band members.

No good... because if the mix doesn't fit the band's expectations, it could take a while to fix it.

I think this is old news - I spoke to the guy who has done the mastering a week ago and if they've pulled it when it's got to that stage that's a BIG SNAFU!

BTW - it transpires that they never liked the original stereo mix, so it's a new one folks!!

Patrick Cleasby said:
I think this is old news - I spoke to the guy who has done the mastering a week ago and if they've pulled it when it's got to that stage that's a BIG SNAFU!

SNAFU ? errr... sorry, what does this mean ?
Anyway I did not understand whay you meant :confused:

Patrick Cleasby said:
BTW - it transpires that they never liked the original stereo mix, so it's a new one folks!!

I'm relieved, since I just hate it as well... compared to Selling... or Foxtrot, the stereo mix ruins the power of the record. Hopefully, The Lamb was a success anyway, but I think that the world is going to see what masterpiece it is really if it gets a decent stereo mix (not to mention the multichannel one, The Lamb is a perfect record for that).

Hmmm....I wonder who in the band had issues with the mix? Will Peter Gabriel be redoing his vocals on this version as well...? :rolleyes:

From what I heard, everyone approved it except for Peter, who just wanted the opportunity to make a few tweaks.

mdphunk said:
From what I heard, everyone approved it except for Peter, who just wanted the opportunity to make a few tweaks.
Well there goes another 10 years.... :rolleyes:

GaryW said:
Well there goes another 10 years.... :rolleyes:
not necessarily...Nick Davis (the enigineer doing the mixes) seemed to indicate that the changes should be minimal, and the release will be relatively soon. He also stressed that no re-recording was done, and that Steve Hackett has heard the mix and approved.

Back