Has SACD followed DVD-A into the 70's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solaris

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Now I can wait for EJ's GBYBR but really where is the new stuff.
Now I can't be the only one who would like BT, Underworld, De Phazz, Thevory Corp, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers in a MC format. OK I'd even go for Nelly, Marilin Manson and yes love to hear Emiem in a MC
disc.

solaris said:
Now I can wait for EJ's GBYBR but really where is the new stuff.
Now I can't be the only one who would like BT, Underworld, De Phazz, Thevory Corp, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers in a MC format. OK I'd even go for Nelly, Marilin Manson and yes love to hear Emiem in a MC
disc.
Most audiophiles or multichannel fans are probably between 30-50....that's what they are gearing the releases to. Dunno about the stuff you mentioned, but I would have loved to see stuff like Audioslave in MC

daved64 said:
Most audiophiles or multichannel fans are probably between 30-50....that's what they are gearing the releases to. Dunno about the stuff you mentioned, but I would have loved to see stuff like Audioslave in MC

Send in those requests to the record labels issuing the hi rez discs. If they think there is a market for some of the newer artists, I'm sure they'll give it a try.

Looking at some of the SACD releases to date, with artists like Shaggy, Ginuwine, Destiny's Child, Mary Mary, Amanda Marshall, Vivian Green, Lauryn Hill, Train, etc. they're clearly looking beyond the 30-50 age group !

43 is no baby
Most of those releases(Shaggy, Ginuwine, Destiny's Child, Mary Mary, Amanda Marshall, Vivian Green, Lauryn Hill, Train) have been out a while now.

I would love to hear Eminem's 2nd album in 5.1! I think that one of his releases in either format would actually be a big deal! Maybe it would sell some hardware too!

Just think, "Stan" in 5.1! ;)

Hey Solaris,
I couldn't agree more - I am 41 but my listening has a tendency to be more current. The 3 releases from Groove Armada are all MC and well worth the price - I got 'em from Amazon.Co.Uk. They weren't cheap but I really dig them.
If you are going to try one I would suggest the most recent release "Lovebox".
Don't think you will see these releases domestic in the near future but you never know..........
/\/\

Yea I was just listening to Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub) MC
I love that one

Back