DTS-CD Help with converting Chicago SQ

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mool

So...I've got some Chicago SQ albums and would like to know if there is someone who has the Pro-Logic decoder to properly separate the tracks?...would creating a FLA of the music work to do this?

Sorry, but if you have to ask, you don't know...:)

A Pro Logic decoder is not what you need here. You really need an SQ decoder instead as DPL is LCRS, which is a variant of SQ but not the same.
Best approach is to get a copy of Adobe Audition and a copy of the wonderful Lucanu script, or Kempfands one for QS.
Separation is awesome.
Usage is to record the stereo SQ matrix into your PC, and then follow directions in the script files.

Thanks for the comeback Neil...

WOW!...yes, I've been combing through the forums...lots of good info...and I've had excellent luck in converting SQ...just wish that the quads that did not get released will make it out in some form...like Rhino did with the Chicago releases...

A Pro Logic decoder is not what you need here. You really need an SQ decoder instead as DPL is LCRS, which is a variant of SQ but not the same.
Best approach is to get a copy of Adobe Audition and a copy of the wonderful Lucanu script, or Kempfands one for QS.
Separation is awesome.
Usage is to record the stereo SQ matrix into your PC, and then follow directions in the script files.

Actually, the best thing I can see doing is to make a CD of the album, and then use your own SQ decoder to play it..

Back