Hidden quad Christmas?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boojidad

I've never seen it on any quad discography, but I'm suspicious of this one: "A Christmas Party With The Stars", a limited edition release from Columbia Special Products made specifically for employees of the Meadowlands Arena. The copyright date is 1983, which would seem to put it out of the time range for quad releases, and there is no indication of SQ anywhere on the cover. But notice the catalog ID: PQ-17573. Only quad releases in the Columbia Special Products catalog used the PQ category. Maybe the masters used for this were created in the 70's but never put to use at the time and finally "pulled off the shelf" when Columbia got the order for a specialty Christmas album. Maybe it's totally coincidence that the PQ designator was used and this isn't quad at all. I just stumbled on it while web surfing, so I haven't had a chance to test it or look at a matrix stamp. But I figure this is the place to raise the topic and see if anyone else has run across it or check it themselves.
PQ17573[1].jpgPQ17573[2].jpg

Back