Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went with burning shed also - have done so for all my Jethros - if there is any disc authoring problems they send out replacement discs no questions asked :banana: - Great price tooooo

It's always tough keeping the quad a secret, sorry about that. With a new Yamaha BD-S681 the studio tracks in 5.1 are a perfect sound fit for me. Thanks to Steven Wilson for the new mixes.

Cheers all!

And it's all intact, right? No upmixes?

This is, hands down , my all time favorite Tull LP...

Looking forward to it in 5.1!!!!!

I got my repressing back in the early 80's and it's still quite minty!

Always was amazed how the cover was a PAINTING!!!!!...

This is another Tull album I've never heard, so will be fun to put this one on. Hey, new music! ;)

You haven't heard Tull's Songs From The Wood??? My friend, if you weren't my friend and so kind and helpful here, i would smack
the living tar out of you.:violin

While not as overpoweringly magnificient as Brain Salad Surgery or Close to the Edge, SFTW is one of the greatest musical recordings
of the 1970's and any time for that matter!

You are in for a treat mate:smokin :smokin :smokin

You haven't heard Tull's Songs From The Wood??? My friend, if you weren't my friend and so kind and helpful here, i would smack

While not as overpoweringly magnificient as Brain Salad Surgery or Close to the Edge, SFTW is one of the greatest musical recordings

For whatever reason, JT is one of those bands that simply didn't click with me back when I was a youngster. Of course, now that I'm older, I find them fascinating. That said, I'm waiting to get the newer releases that Wilson works on and find the listening amazing. I am sure I will be blown away...as usual. :)

Also, ordered from yours truly, once again from Burning Shed! Maybe I should have ordered a BS shirt too like I've been meaning to. Maybe next time when I order the new Anathema album.

And as far as TAAB and Benefit reissues go - bring 'em on! Life will be complete when the Benefit book will fit amongst the collection like a jigsaw piece. And can we expect/wish for Jakko to remix Live at Carnegie Hall for the set?! ;)

And while debated on, I still want This Was to be included as well. That should be considered for next year along with Heavy Horses being a 50th Anniversary and 40th respectively, so why not TAAB for a 45th this year? Either way, I can wait for that one...

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yep !

Burning Shed for me as well.

Songs From the Wood as with many here has always been my favorite.
I can't wait to hear what SW did with this.

As a bonus, that concert from Largo Maryland should be great.
I missed that one somehow. :smokin

Oh MAN, I hope that shed doesn't burn down before they send my Tull out...!
(Don't ask me about the diving suit I got screwed out of last year because I ordered it from Sinking Ship.)

Oh MAN, I hope that shed doesn't burn down before they send my Tull out...!
(Don't ask me about the diving suit I got screwed out of last year because I ordered it from Sinking Ship.)

Holy Shit!!

Finally somebody here that is loonier then I. :mad:@:

Welcome Good Sir Dillydipper!:smokin

Also, ordered from yours truly, once again from Burning Shed! Maybe I should have ordered a BS shirt too like I've been meaning to. Maybe next time when I order the new Anathema album.

And as far as TAAB and Benefit reissues go - bring 'em on! Life will be complete when the Benefit book will fit amongst the collection like a jigsaw piece. And can we expect/wish for Jakko to remix Live at Carnegie Hall for the set?! ;)

And while debated on, I still want This Was to be included as well. That should be considered for next year along with Heavy Horses being a 50th Anniversary and 40th respectively, so why not TAAB for a 45th this year? Either way, I can wait for that one...

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

No, no , no , please (prayin' to my Druid Godz now )----I think "This Was" must be considered for this year-this Autumn . Like me that archived tape is not getting any more pretty .

So here's hoping ------sooner than later .:D

This disc never really made me "wet myself for love " for a Tull disc , but I thought it a bit of a comeback of sorts, But now that was the stereo disc !

This will be a GREAT DISC in Surround , of that, I have no doubt ! But what "strums my thong " will of course be the 5.1 by Steven with 5.1 bonus tracks and Jakko 's never shabby live concert mix in 5.1. :D
And of course 4 very rare QUAD mixed tracks from Robin Black/Ian Anderson ! :upthumb:upthumb:upthumb:upthumb

Welcome to the thread, Lord Lupin-izor.
always a pleasure, btw :smokin

No, no , no , please (prayin' to my Druid Godz now )----I think "This Was" must be considered for this year-this Autumn . Like me that archived tape is not getting any more pretty .

So here's hoping ------sooner than later .:D

I think we'll see 'This Was' this year, SW has already mentioned it as happening and that was well before the SFTW announcement so it wouldn't surprise me if his bit is already complete. I too would love to see a re-issued TAAB (with extra material!?) and a re-packaged Benefit to help my OCD, let's keep those fingers crossed!!

It's weird how "Songs from the Wood" has not even been released yet, and already, some of you are clamoring for "This Was", along with reissues of "Thick as a Brick" and "Benefit".
Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here still waiting patiently for "Roxy Music", "The Seeds of Love", and the next XTC remix…

ff837a_cb8ddc223c0c4f2f99f1238ebe7737dd.png_srz_299_86_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Back